a few words

pammy157
on 2/28/12 10:08 am - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
a few words about diets...dont do them!
now that im use tonot eating certain things i really don't miss them that much. sometimes when i am around them i think gee i remember those i use to really like ----- fill in the blank -----but now that i've not had it why start it again? so i don't
this past week the boyfriend took me to a fantastic wine dinner. new flavors with every course of wonderful food. i dont drink. never couldhandle it and now with all the sugar its just not worth the possible issues that it could give me. didin't miss it.
there were chocolate at the end. yummmm i treated myself to one piece and i ate it slowly it was wonderful. i enjoyed it very much. sooo good.
i didn't have anymore other than that one piece and still today i can remember how very good it was! the best part is there is a box of 4 other pieces in my fridge right now but i have not touched them! in the past i would have eaten all of them in 5 seconds then bought more an stuffed them in!
sooooo what i have figured out is that while i will alwasy have the struggle of trying to lose weight the surgery has helped me in so many more ways then i ever thught it had.
i've kept off over 100 pounds! omg thats fantastic!
and now  i'm the most careful of what i eat ever in my whole life. its helped me with that too. never would i have left chocolate alone! its likei've been cured. please know that this is said with just a slight hint of joking!
my 8th anniversary of my rebirth is wonderful. this is the month of reminders and deep thinking about how my life has changed for the good.
life is very good.
reenieb
on 3/1/12 1:10 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Pam, do you still make annual visits to Dr. Aranow?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
pammy157
on 3/2/12 11:17 am - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
hi reenie i had stoppe for a few yeas but have been going yearly wth the thyroid and low blood sugar i take as good of care of myself as possible. menopause yikes! add all those things up and it sure makes growing older a pain inthe butinski!
you?
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 842 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 949 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 655 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 794 views
9 years plus 1 day