Anybody Home?

reenieb
on 10/18/12 11:19 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi everyone, I was remembering with great fondness our connection - how can it be that so many years have passed? If anyone is around, please check in, say hello and let us know how you are doing? I am really struggling with food demons and trying to get some help with it. The biochemical issues linked to food addiction is very real and present in my life. So I am struggling and attempting to do things differently. Otherwise, I am pretty disconnected with the whole gastric bypass world - I continue to get my levels checked annually and they continue to show very depleted stores of calcium, D, and albumin - despite I have religiously supplemented since 2004. Would love to hear from you! Hope all is well in your worlds. Love, Reenie
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/12 9:42 am

Hi Guys! I just thought I would check in.  Apparently, I have had some freaky metabolic thing my whole life that is really rare and connected to this rare connective tissue disease I have.  My family was really swimming way to close in the gene pool in the past I guess.  After some weird medication adjustments, I am losing weight regularly. I am down to 185 pounds and losing 2-4 pounds a week no matter how much I eat and I'm actually getting a little freaked by that.

pammy157
on 12/11/12 8:23 am - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with

i'm here and doing ok. work...sucks

health wise doing good blood sugar is under control with diet and excersize. weight wise i've held for the past year but would LOVE to lose 15 to 20 pounds., alittle bit hard to do when ya gotta eat every 2 to 3 hours or get sick.

who knew that i'd have surgery to lose weight then have to eat so frequently??? go figure!

apparently its the reason why i gained so much all those years ago. oh well as long as i can hold i'm happy and always ALWAYS working at losing that 15 to 20.

2 year old granddaughter is a pleasure. a joy. i love that little girl so much! she calls me bunny. i love that too.

boyfriend is fantastic. this one might be the forever keeper. he lets me be me isn't controling. listens! yes LISTENS! love it. its over one and a half years so if he makes my 3 year relationship fails thats a good sign!

hope allis well that metobloic thing does not sound fun i hope that the new year finds you both and every one from our group well.

god bless

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 952 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 655 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 796 views
9 years plus 1 day