9 years

Virginia H
on 3/3/13 4:49 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Well looks like we've all pretty much moved on but I thought I'd check in. It's been 9 years and my life is still controlled by a little monster I call TAZ! He's a strict, harsh and brutal master but I've at least maintained my goal weight.

Would I do it again knowing what I know now? Yes but I would have been smarter about some choices I made while under "doctors orders" ie taking NSAIDS. That was a HUGE mistake.

Hope that everyone is doing well. Happy anniversary month MARCHERS!
reenieb
on 3/8/13 7:24 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with

Hey you, happy anniversary! Hope you're ok, taking any NSAIDS is huge. So much needs to be understood about the post-surgery life that they just don't tell you pre-surgery. At the time of our surgeries, I don't believe the surgeons really understood themselves, the industry has improved so much with so many other options. Hope you're ok, V - take care!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
pammy157
on 3/31/13 10:43 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with

We were not their first guinea pigs but we were their continuing guinea pigs.

I agree with you about having the surgery again and things I would do differently.

I feel good even though the minor low blood sugar I had before surgery has now become major. It is under control with diet and excersize. And I have to say without much help from my surgeon or dietician.

I had to find the doctors that would help me best and they did not give me the medical support that was needed. I still go to them because they need to have this documented so that others do not go through this and hopefully they use what has worked for me to help others who might.

This can cure diabeties but can mess up people with low blood sugar.

Other than that I've got 20 pounds that refuses to go away! LOL Not complaining about it though because I'm still "normal" sized. I will whine alittle because I want to be the smallest I was! LOL

Take care god bless

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 840 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 947 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 652 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 790 views
9 years plus 1 day