Anyone lurking??....like I do.....come on out....

Laura A.
on 3/18/10 7:43 am - Manteca, CA
I haven't posted here in like forever....but I lur****asionally.

Here we are at 4 years out now.  How's everyone doing????

I am still down 165 pounds and maintaining at 135.  And although I have weighed the same, I find my body has changed shape a little...like it's not as "lean" as is was after the first year.  Anyone else have that happen??

I find I need to be careful of "trigger foods", like goldfish crackers, and only buy them in the small package....not that BIG box from Costco 

I still try to walk almost daily.  I thought I wanted to try running...and found it was waaaay HARD!!!  OMG,  to those that run: you are my hero!!! 

My health is back on track since the ovarian cancer thing.....and I've been back to work full time for almost a year.  I will be having a double mastectomy with reconstruction in August.  I'm actually looking forward to having breasts on my chest again instead of on my waistline (where they have been for the last couple of years) 

Would love to hear how others are doing....  I think of my fellow "Marchers" often 

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Rick A.
on 3/18/10 6:12 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hi Laura,

I too am a frequent lurker. I had hoped more people would check in since it is our month. It sounds like you have overcome some huge medical issues and I am glad to hear you are doing better. Your weight loss and maintenance of that loss are amazing.

I wish I could say I have done as well. I hide in shame for the way in which I have conducted myself the last year. Unfortuneately I became complacent and have gone back to many of my old ways. Hopefully, I can start anew and get back on track. I still am a lot more active and healthy then I was 4 years ago, but I could be so much better. Enough of the pity party.

It was so good to hear from you. I really hope others will check in. I know they are checking in, but perhaps that have slipped like I and don't choose to come out of the closet. We have all been there for each of us in the past and can be there again in the future.

I wish you the best.

Life is great, Rick
Laura A.
on 3/19/10 4:26 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Rick,

Great to "see" your smiling face again....and your personal icon of "Life is great"....I've always loved that.

Isn't it interesting how our old habits have that way of sneaking up on us....Like we've said to each other many times before: this is surgery on our guts, not our brains. 

I also hope others will check in.  I have always found this board as a place of  unconditional support and comfort, so if others are in need....we're here!!!

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

jannineh99
on 4/16/10 4:13 am - Melrose, MA
Hey there you two...great to see your faces out here...I too wish more marchers would come back.....I miss everyone everyone in the group was a constant support for me....I have had a really rough year...starting in July we had a blessed event that was not rough..my sister had a little baby girl and then in August I had my TT above and below the belly button...then my hubby's Nana passed away unexpectedly she fell and broke her hip and recovered the surgery for one day and went down hill from there....my mom was diagnoised with lung cancer on January 26th 2009 (her birthday) and started chemo in March which did not help, her health declined slowly but by the end of September beginning of October she was failing faster....November 12th she passed away the whole family was there with her...so the holidays were rough having no apptite I didn't gain much...in February of this year my Nana (my moms mother) fell and broke her hip, pelvis, and thigh she went to rehab it was touch and go for a bit and then she passed away on March 17th.  I have been maintaing at 188 for 2yrs now...I did have to have a hernia repair the past February...but thngs are getting better....please everyone keep in touch..

Jannine  Everyone Keep on Dancing

~ Stylz ~
on 9/19/10 2:05 pm - North of Boston, MA
hi everyone!  wow it feels great to see others are back!  I haven't been a lurker that much but I do need to get back on track!  I spoke to Barbara last week also, her and I are planning to do the 5 day pouch test starting next Monday the 27th, if anyone wants to join please do!  we can all be eachothers support group!

I haven't gained alot of weight back, but became a statistic to weight loss surgery transfer addiction.. first starting with shopping and  once the closets were packed to the brim, it changed to alcohol..  Something I'm not happy about and in March at my 4 year appt I finally admitted the first time to my doctor.  It started as an occasional drink then bf and i started going out more, the more we went out the more we would drink.  Then holidays, bdays, bbqs, more drinks and eventually it was drinking every nigt after work.  Its something I need get into control and this week I'm planning to do so.  I have a black tie event to go to on Friday in a dress thats far from forgiving!  Not only am I not going to drink - no alcohol left in the house and not buying it - I'm also cutting out carbs this week sticking to only proein and vegetables and also plan to walk at lunch and when I get home. 

Next week we'll start the pouch test so that will be 2 weeks without drinking alot  - I'll have a glass of wine at the event, but keeping it to only one specially since its a awork event).

everything else has been good with me, i had plastic surgery in december, a full circumfrencial tummy tuck, abdominalplasty and back lipo, finally healed and feel recovered.  now its time to fix my problem and go back to being happpy! :)

Its great to see some of our old Marchers back, I miss you all!  please consider the pouch test with barbara and i next week, its only 5 days we can do this! 

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 605 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 708 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 645 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 764 views