Almost 5 years out and having Nutritional Deficiencies

DOVEWINGS
on 1/14/11 8:57 pm - MABLETON, GA
I am taking all of my vitamins daily but and I getting enough I don't know....Sometimes I do skip a day or two but I get them in...I am experiencing slight memory loss....I am having a hard time remembering things and then on top of that I find that my spelling is off kilter...This is frightening me and causing me to not sleep at night which in turn causes anxiety. This is not a place I want to be in right now...If someone has experienced this please let me know what needs to be done.
Rick A.
on 1/16/11 1:01 am - Far Northern, CA
I'm sorry you are having these problems.

The most obvious answer is to see your doctor and have some blood work done. He / she can put you on the right track. It's not to late to turn things around if you are deficient in one or more suppliments.

I hope you will do this soon so you will now what is wrong and what you can do to correct it.

Take care of yourself. Rick
Beckers
on 4/23/12 6:43 am - Cottage Grove, OR
 Staying diligent about vitamin levels is especially important at this time of our journey.  Being 6 years out now, I've been good about all of my vitamin intake EXCEPT iron... I used to have such a problem with constipation and my iron was always high, so I went a few years with no iron in my vitamin regimen.  But now I'm iron deficient:  my iron level is 3 and I'm severely anemic!  I'm weak and feel like a zombie, fall asleep while driving, difficulty concentrating, very forgetful, etc.  

After months of prescribed iron supplements from my doctor, still no improvement, so I'm getting hooked to an IV drip today to raise my iron.  I have to do this every 3 days!  

I'm shocked, worried, and wonder how many of my fellow Marchers might be experiencing vitamin deficiency?

Before-AfterR.jpg image by Becca62368_album
Rebecca, 5'8" tall
288 /   156  / 155
High/Current/Goal

Lauren003
on 1/20/11 1:55 am - , NC
I second Rick, imperative to get your blood panel done. Tell me, what do "all vitamins" mean? Sublingual B12? Calcium citrate? I ask because both of these are needed for neurological function although with calcium, it is leeched from bones to fill the void until there just isn't enough to spare anymore. I urge you to also get a bone desity test, a very easy scan and sometimes are given for free at senior fairs.

Confucius say: Man who smoke pot choke on handle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 610 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 715 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 652 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 776 views