My five year report and farewell.

Rick A.
on 3/20/11 7:34 am - Far Northern, CA
Well, it's been five years today and I have a mix of emotions. I am still very glad I had the weight loss procedure. It gave me a new lease on life and showed me that there is so much more I can do compared to my previous life. I still feel like there is more life in me then there was before. Before I had the surgery, I felt that I wouldn't have lived another five years without it. Well here I am five years later and I am not only alive, but I am happy and feel that I have a future.

I struggle with my weight every day. I started out following the program to a T, but after the first three years, I really slacked off and then a year ago today my mom passed away and I have to say I gave up. I am not proud of myself, but this is where I am. I hope to get reenergized in the future, but I can't say for sure. I do know that my life was and is better with less weight to carry around.

I also miss the support that this board had to offer. I'm sorry it is gone and I take my share of the blame. I guess life goes on and people move on, so will i.

There are several things I have done right and continue to do so. I take my vitamins and supplements every day. I don't drink when I eat and I drink about a gallon of water every day.

The bad things I find myself doing is eating because I am bored, upset, anxious, celebrating and on and on. Unfortunately just like the "good old days". I don't exercise like I should and I really hate myself for that. I know I can get back on the right track and I know the benefits of doing so, I just need to get started.

Here are my brief stats:

Starting weight: 349

Lowest weight: 178

Current weight: 253 (I really hate seeing that in black and white and I haven't even weighed in a year)

Former shirt size: 5XL

Lowest shirt size: Medium

Current shirt size 1x and 2x

Old pant size: 46

Lowest pant size: 34

Current pant size: 38

Old view of the future: dismal

Current view for the future: hopeful

I guess that pretty much wraps it up for me. I do miss all of you, but I guess I must do as most of you have already done and move on with my life and leave this site behind. Thank you for the friendship and support you have given me in the past. I wish you all well.

Life continues to be great, Rick

gramm
on 3/21/11 9:58 am - new castle, pa
I am a lurker, never posted.  I had surgery 5 years  ago on the 27th.   I too did really good the first couple years losing 130 lbs.  Spent over $14,000 on plastic surgery, and have gained 60 lbs back.  I always enjoyed reading everyones post.  I hate myself for being out of control, when I know what I have to do, but everyday stess just makes me want to eat.  And then I just feel miserable.  I never ate sweets before, now I crave them, really wish I would get sick.  I go back to the doctor next week and am dreading it.    Hopefully I will wake up and realize I need to get back on track soon.
Lauren003
on 4/4/11 12:23 pm - , NC
Rick I appreciate your honesty about your struggles. We all have them. I just started exercising again in the last couple of days to try and give it another go. Never give up, I know I never will. I have come to love myself too much to succomb. I don't understand why you would leave permanently though. I know that this place isn't what it was. It can't be, it's like we were huddled together in a foxhole going a hugely traumatic event together, we needed eachother and we were here. Now that the danger has passed and we're stepping out to live in the light again  doesn't mean that we don't want to revist the old friends from time to time. See the lurker ahead of me? You don't know who you are touching by posting. For every face that is seen there are many others that are not. We can't expect life to stand still or even make OH a priority because so many other things have stepped to the forefront. Why completely cut the ties though? It stings Rick.  

Confucius say: Man who smoke pot choke on handle

jannineh99
on 10/24/11 1:51 am - Melrose, MA
Rick...I am so sory to hear about your loss...I too have lost my mother...and yes it was devestating....I did fall but realized I needed to get up off the ground shake the dust off and continue...I orginally lost 200 lbs...going from 357 to 157...when I got there I looked sickly I spoke to my doctor and we uped my calories...yes I know what am I crazy going thru all this and then trying to put it back on...well I feel much better...I now range anywhere from 193-177...my body is happiest here....I don't get to exercise as much as I use too....that I am working on....I know the struggles....if you like I can repost some of the inspiration that you yourself put out here...that really got me thru some sticky spots...

HUGS
Jannine 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 608 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 712 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 650 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 773 views