Happy Surgiversary Marchers : poll

~ Stylz ~
on 3/18/08 2:04 pm - North of Boston, MA
I had my surgery in March of 06, but wanted to stop in and wish you all the best! When we hit our 1 year mark, we answered a poll so the other Marchers would know how we've been. Cut and paste this into a new message to give your update congrats to you all on your continued success Change in numbers... Starting weight, surgery weight, current weight, goal weight, starting sizes, current sizes, loss in inches? Your biggest WOW moment? Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? Reward when you reach your goal weight? Do you have any regrets since your surgery? What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? Any complications you've had? Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? Favorite post op recipe (please share with us) If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be?
guesswho
on 3/18/08 2:21 pm
Starting weight= 298 surgery weight= not sure, forgot to weigh so I am counting it the same 298 current weight= depends on the time, day, and hour usually between 208 & 211 goal weight= 130 starting sizes= 26/28 current sizes=18/20 & some regular XL loss in inches?= no idea, didn't measure Your biggest WOW moment? When someone who needed to see my ID said it didn't look anything like me!!! Woo hoo! Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? To be under 200 lbs, to wear single digit sizes, to jog comfortably Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? cross logs, cut & paint toenails without huffing an puffing, walk briskly up stairs or for longer distances Reward when you reach your goal weight? nothing specific Do you have any regrets since your surgery? That I have not followed the "plan" exactly and that I haven't been able to completely change my behavior as I hear some say they have What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? Easiest= initial weight loss, Hardest= fighting my old eating habits Any complications you've had? NONE!!! Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? Sleep Apnea, Diabetes Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? Eating things I shouldn't & not exercising (never really changed) Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? Follow the "rules" more closely and exercised- also I wish I had of measured inches along the way. How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? As long as I can remember Favorite post op recipe (please share with us)- no specific recipes If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? THIS WEBSITE!!! Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies and B12 If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? Take measurements, not just weight and start out exercising and eating right. It is very very hard if you let yourself stay with those old habits rather than trying to rid yourself of them in the early pre op stages.
~ Stylz ~
on 3/19/08 12:49 pm - North of Boston, MA
what a great WOW moment, stay focused you'll reach those goals in no time!
nicoleaz
on 3/19/08 5:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
What an awesome idea! I've been away from the board awhile so this is a good re-intro. Here goes... Change in numbers... Starting weight: 335 Surgery weight: 327 Current weight: 199 Goal weight: 170 Starting sizes: 28 Current sizes: 14 Loss in inches? Don't have these numbers on hand but "a lot" will suffice! lol Your biggest WOW moment? When my boyfriend said I was the skinniest girl he's ever dated. Me? Skinny? WHAT!? Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? Exercising more regularly and drinking 64 oz of water every single day. Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? Cross my legs, fit in a booth, walk stairs (or walk in general) without getting winded, the list goes on! Reward when you reach your goal weight? I rewarded myself with a tattoo at my 100lb mark - not sure yet what I'll do once I reach 170. Do you have any regrets since your surgery? None whatsoever. What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? Easiest has been feeling more comfortable with myself and hardest has been keeping my appetite in check. Any complications you've had? None Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? Diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, asthma Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? Not exercising regularly Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? I'm still journeying! How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? All relationships have been improved. My family is happy that I now feel and see myself as the beautiful girl they always thought I was, my friends are WOW'd by my success and enjoy me being more myself, and my boyfriend couldn't be any sweeter about the whole thing, though he met me after I lost the bulk of my weight. Favorite post op recipe (please share with us): Eggface's chicken chili relleno! http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/03/chili-relleno-casserole.html If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? George Foreman, Muscle Milk Light, and B12 If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? Follow the rules, be patient, and enjoy the days early on known as the honeymoon period because the mental strength needed to continue and maintain are the hardest part!
~ Stylz ~
on 3/19/08 12:52 pm - North of Boston, MA
I'm gonna have to try some of these recipes according to Eggface! I've heard so many people rave about her creations, thanks for posting the link
Shirley H.
on 3/19/08 10:42 am - Bradenton, FL
Change in numbers... Starting weight, surgery weight, current weight, goal weight, starting sizes, current sizes, loss in inches? starting weight 303 3-19-07 298 3-19-08 192 goal 160 size 26-28 3-19-07 size 12-14 3-19-08 inches the most was hips lost 24 inches Your biggest WOW moment? Yesterday seen a past student of mine in the store and she did not reconize me then after I told her who I was she said OMG u are skinny!!! I liked you better as a teddy bear! Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? to look great at the beach!!! Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? Cross my legs either one!- to run and play for an afternoon at the park with my 3 year okl! Reward when you reach your goal weight? To go on a nice vacation! Do you have any regrets since your surgery? NONE What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? Easiest to like sugar free stuff--- hardest to take complaments! (I still see a big person) Any complications you've had? NONE all has went great! Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? the start of high blood pressure and just the normal depression all over pain and just total fatig Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? snacking Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? yes, not tried the dumping part it's bad!!!! How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? Well friends I don't see too much I changed jobs, Family they are all pretty much very happy for me ANd proud of this big step tward a healthyer life! Spouse well we have a better sex life but he is kinda worried i think but i am going no wheres i love him we have been together 22 years and it seems like we can make it through anything! Favorite post op recipe (please share with us)cottage cheese pancakes If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? unjury protien, sugar free votamins cookies and hood milk If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? what ever you do learn your limits as quick as you can I learned the hard way ! jello does have to be chewed!!! Drink water , water and more water!!!
~ Stylz ~
on 3/19/08 12:56 pm - North of Boston, MA
water is so important, thanks for making note of it! its so easy to fall behind in it! what are cottage cheese pancakes? sounds tasty!
Christmasgirl
on 3/19/08 12:35 pm - ID
Starting weight: 220.6 Surgery weight: 220.6 (wasn't required to lose any before surgery) Current weight: 127 Goal weight: 120 Starting sizes: Pants: 18/20, shirts 1X/2X Current sizes: Pants: 4/6 (size 28 in Luckys and Silvers), shirts S/M Loss in inches? 67 (I think). As an example, my waist started at 43.25 and is now 29; my hips were 52 inches and are now 35 or 36. Your biggest WOW moment? Definitely putting on size 4 pants for first time!!! Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? My goal weight is 120 pounds. I seemed to have reached a stand still, but I will get there! Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? Run 3 miles and say NO to cake! Reward when you reach your goal weight? A donut. (Just kidding!!) I think I am going to buy myself a pair of fancy jeans - Seven for All Mankind or something like that! Do you have any regrets since your surgery? NONE! What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? Easiest - just losing the weight. It just fell off for the first 6 or 7 months. Hardest: Learning not to snack. I still struggle. Any complications you've had? Oh lordy - I had a bowel blockage right after my surgery. I had to have another surgery, during which I contracted Aspiration pneumonia and ended up in the ICU for 5 days. Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? Plantar fasciitis, acid reflux Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? Snacking between meals Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? I wish I had eaten a little healthier after the first six months. How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? Yes, but hopefully we can work it out. Favorite post op recipe (please share with us): I still don't cook that much. If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? Protein bullets, LOTS of water and no sugar added hot chocolate. Yup, you heard me - its low in calories and helps with sweet cravings. If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? Follow the rules and EXERCISE!!!
~ Stylz ~
on 3/19/08 1:02 pm - North of Boston, MA
first i saw youre 127 then saw you wanted a donut for your goal weight and did a double take! lol size 4, congratsl!!
loggerin
on 3/19/08 11:41 pm - Royal Oak, MI
Ooh I like this! Change in numbers... Starting weight, 278 surgery weight, 271 current weight, 160ish (157 was my lowest) goal weight, 137 starting sizes, 26 current sizes, 10 loss in inches? a gazillion Your biggest WOW moment? My parents didn't recognize me at the airport. They said it sort of looked like me but they weren't sure until I was nearly next to them. Also, crossing my legs! Goals you haven't reached yet, BUT WILL!?!?!?!? I want to jog. I walk a lot, but running is something I would like to do. Things that you can do now that you couldn't a year ago? I joined a women's ice hockey team. I walk upstairs without getting winded. I slip past people. Reward when you reach your goal weight? I'd like to go someplace. The tattoo idea is a good one! Do you have any regrets since your surgery? Sometimes I miss eating "big food", but mostly I don't regret anything. What has been the easiest and hardest thing since surgery? The easiest is getting in vitamins and working out. The hardest is missing sugar stuff, which I don't eat at all. Any complications you've had? Not a one. Medical issues that have resolved since surgery? Hyoertension Bad habit you've reverted back to since surgery? SNACKING! It is my worst enemy. Also, eating to the point of feeling really full instead of just sated. Any thing you wish you would have done differently during your post-op journey? I wish I would have kept better records. I would have taken more photos and documented inches. How has your weight loss affected your relationships with friends, family, spouse or significant other? Well, I broke up with who I was with when I had my surgery, and I'm in a much better relationship now. My friends are amazing--they threw me a party on my surgiversary. If you could only recommend 3 things, products, foods, etc. That you have found since starting your "Journey," What would they be? 1. Crystal Light! 2. South Beach Diet products, specifically Chocolate Peanut Butter Meal Replacement bars 3. Sugar Free Cool Whip and Jell-O If you could pass along advice "been there, done that" to pre-ops, what advice would it be? Document. Get yourself a good support system. Therapy is your friend.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is Everybody!
LMILOW · 2 replies · 849 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 732 views
Gaining weight?
boomer65 · 3 replies · 1042 views
Second Band-aversary!
LoriPA · 1 replies · 766 views