lifes too short!

luvsexytrstno1
on 4/15/08 5:18 am - Anchorage, AK
I was with a man for 7 years who policed every bite of food I put in my mouth. He berated me for my cooking (later I found out that his mother never cooked), Constantly put down my appearance and choice in clothing. He would expect me to be made up any time I left the house and would insult me till I cried. I felt like I was huge (I was a size 8-10 most of our relationship). I supported him working 3 jobs to his sometimes one. He moved me away from my family and friends not once but twice (and was attempting to move me the third time, to live in a travel trailer in his parents front yard! when I finally left him). I never thought it was really abuse as he never laid a hand on me but he once beat my 18 year old declawed cat while I was gone at work for biting one of the house plants! His family constantly wanted us to have children and/ or get married. I was stupid enough to stay with him for 7 years but at least I wassmart enough not to get pregnant (I had to walk to the clinic to get my birth control and hide the fact I was doing this from him)or marry him . He called me after I had been gone for 5 years to try to talk me to going back to him (this was 6 weeks before my wedding) and ironically he didn't lie about his living with his parents, hardly working, lack of having had any real relationship in the last 5 years, or even about the fact that he had been in trouble with the law for hurting a toddler for "running all over the place and getting into everything". He did lie about HIS APPEARANCE! I only know that he wasn't thin and buff like he claimed to be as he was stupid enough to tell me all about the website he and his mother (did I tell you he was a mamas boy) had just created for their dog breeding and when I went to it, guess what was on the opening page?, a big photo of my ex, as fat as ever. The worst thing about my 7 years with my ex is that I gave him my early 20's, a time you are suppose to be having fun and learning about yourself and instead I was too busy working and trying to keep his fat butt happy. I recently went to their site again because someone from his small town had visited my blog and I found that they had named a puppy my daughters name, coincidence? My daughters name is Lilith. What do you think?
David S.
on 5/1/08 1:35 pm
You can't change the past, but you can the future... Sounds like you've moved away from a bad situation, and are managing your own life. One universal constant is there will always be losers who pray on nice people. Sounds like he's better off with a dog, as it won't care too much if he insults it, and doesn't mind if he's livin with his mama. Don't regret your 20's as it sounds like you've learned alot about yourself, and as a result are now moving life in a different direction. Take care- Dave
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is Everybody!
LMILOW · 2 replies · 849 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 732 views
Gaining weight?
boomer65 · 3 replies · 1040 views
Second Band-aversary!
LoriPA · 1 replies · 766 views