Gaining weight?

boomer65
on 7/16/09 8:06 pm
Good Morning All,

Well, it seems I've started gaining weight all of a sudden.  I want to attribute it to water retention and the heat, but not sure that's possible.

I've been eating the right things mostly.  Although I seem to have picked up a penchant to eat a few jelly beans every day.  However, I workout at least 3 times a week very hard so you'd think that would counteract the jelly beans.

I still eat small amounts of food that are protein based.

Seems like I go through this every few months or so and it drives me crazy.  I don't ever want to be fat again and I fear this every time I get on the scale and the number has jumped up like this.

What the heck?  I don't want to drive myself crazy that's for sure.

Anyone else experience this any suggestions?

Franci

LMILOW
on 7/20/09 7:36 pm, edited 7/20/09 7:36 pm - Houston, TX

I don’t have any real answers maybe your workout is not challenging to your metabolism anymore. I know before foot surgery I worked out the same and my weight stood at a plateau. You might have to do something very different in your routine to get everything back moving down. I noticed you said you eat the right things mostly. That could be slowly having an overall impact on your now very much over honeymoon phase has ended. My mom is 6 years out and has gained about 100 lbs. She still looks good but she stated out snaking like we do, and look what years of snacking as done for her I wish you luck.

Lesley

SEXY-KETA
on 9/11/09 3:38 pm - Pennsauken, NJ
Weight has crept back on me as well.  August 2008 I was 207 lbs and had stalled.  I only had 17 pounds to go before I hit my goal weight of 190 lbs.  Now, I am 231 pounds and that's after losing 3 pounds over these past couple of days.  I never hit my goal weight.  I'm still happy with my results, but I refuse to go back up to 330 lbs.  I hope to hit my goal weight by my 3rd year.  I'm presently back on the liquid and puree diets.  I've lost 3 pounds so lets see what happens from there.  Best wishes on your journey.

Keta
N'Awlins Kat
on 10/12/09 5:37 am - TX
I quit smoking (YAAAY) and regained 25 lbs (BOOOOO!) so I joined the "Back on Track Together" aka BOTT board, and am kicking myself in the rear to "get it right"...

I know what I need to do... and I DO want to do it... I think I know what happened...

For the longest I didn't care what I ate, I felt defeated... at some point I began to feel victorious... and knew I controlled the food... I watched and PICKED what I ate... I did not settle!

Now, I settle again... "just a little is ok" or  "I can have it if only have 3 bites" or "It's not much" but the thing is... it's consistently wrong choices... not the same single choice... just not consistently good ones... and it occurred to me a few weeks ago that I have GOT to remember that food is NOT for my tasting pleasure.... it is to fuel my body, and nothing more...

I don't put trashy gasoline in my car... I won't put this JUNK in my body...

I focus on it, and it literally is every hour that I have to remind myself that this is NOT the time to get lax about taking care of me!

HUGS to you all, we can most definitely do it... let's get BOTT!

N'Awlins Kat
Bariatric Professional and -  OH Leader since '05
Back on Track 8/2009 - ticking down, 12 lbs gone again!    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is Everybody!
LMILOW · 2 replies · 849 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 732 views
Gaining weight?
boomer65 · 3 replies · 1042 views
Second Band-aversary!
LoriPA · 1 replies · 766 views