Changes?

froglegs
on 6/29/08 3:53 pm - WA
My surgery date was 3/20 and I have had no complaints - one of the best things I've ever done. I'm slowly increasing the variety of what I eat and my energy level is increasing day by day. I've lost 77 lbs and thoroughly enjoy each and every one of those little "wow" moments. But, there is one difficulty that has come up, and I don't want to offend anyone or seem vulgar, but I'm getting desperate for information. I have completely lost any interest in sex and my poor husband is going nuts (prior to surgery we had a normal, healthy relationship.) Is anyone else experiencing this? (I posted over on the 'Sex Before And After WLS' but none of them seem to be having this problem) Any help or advice would be appreciated!
jeanninev
on 7/3/08 12:07 am - Dunkirk, NY
My sex drive has remained the same but this is a not uncommon topic on the RNY board. It could possibly related to the large, quick weight loss because this will release lots of estrogen into your system which could contribute to the loss of sex drive. Are you having trouble with your "head" catching up to your body since the weight loss. I know that I am. Sometimes we need to give ourselves a little help. Buy a good summer romance novel and read some before bed, it might help get you in the mood. Tell hubby you need a little help getting in the mood. I made a flip comment to my husband once that he totally turned me on when he did the dishes. It actually worked!!! Best of luck with this. And, congratulations on the great weight loss. Jeannine
IzosMommy
on 7/3/08 12:57 pm - TX
I totally agree. And you're not being vulgar. It is a legitimate problem. I can say I have experienced this too. It probably is the big hormones release from the weight loss. Sometimes it makes me feel like I am PMSing all the time. And stress is not conducive to being loveable. I suggest the romance novel too. Or maybe your favorite romatic comedy or just romance? You don't have to make him watch it just make sure it's something to lighten your mood and you take the time to watch or read whatever you like. Anything to get you into the right "frame of mind". I know at this point we are focusing so hard on exerciseing and eating right that everything else kind of fades into the background. Just remember the more sex you have, the more calories you burn. Good luck hun, Lina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Labs
Mary G. · 0 replies · 659 views
Checking In
Janice B. · 0 replies · 908 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 774 views
A little over a year
darnold · 0 replies · 892 views
1 YR POST OP PICS
bridgetk23 · 0 replies · 968 views