CONSTIPATION

GETTINGHEALTHY197

on 7/23/08 6:19 am - LEBANON, IN
I was wondering what everyone uses for this I had surgery on March 31 and have had a few issues with this. Any suggestions
Lady Lithia
on 7/24/08 12:13 am
There are several reasons why we are more prone to constipation: Not enough liquids (really shoot for 100 oz or more a day) Narcotic pain killers (constipation is a side effect) Not enough fiber or fat My "constipation" fight began before I ever experienced it, and in truth, compared to the way some describe it over on the RNY forum, I've never had it like they have. Every morning I take my multivitamin and two Sugar Free Fiber Choice tablets. I drink plenty of fluids. I try to have fibrous foods. (I love the Fiber One granola bars). If I'm taking a pain killer (recent dental work), I take more Fiber Choice in the evening. I also make sure that I have good fats nearly every day. Olive Oil based salad dressing (tablespoon) or Avocado. Fat, in moderate quantities, promotes nice soft fluffy poop. (sorry for the TMI) If I was all stopped up already, I'd try to up the fluid greatly, begin the Fiber Choice, and then use a Glycerin Suppository, which I've heard works well. There's also various and sundry laxatives that people take, Milk of Magnesia, Colace, or other over the counter remedies for constipation. Ask your local pharmacist if you don't know what is good. You also might get more help over on the RNY forum where there is a wider variety of people who can share their remedies.
bridgetk23
on 9/12/08 11:44 pm - dexter, NY
I HAD SURGERY MARCH 17TH...

I SPENT 7 HRS IN ER LAST NITE.. I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN.. I HAD NOT HAD A BOWEL MOVEMENT IN 2 DAYS... SO THEY THOUGHT I HAD AN UPSTRUCTION......SO THEY TOOK XRAYS AND GAVE ME SOME PAIN MEDS..AND THEN AFTER IT ALL HE BASICALLY TOLD ME I WAS JUST FULL OF **** LOL... AND HE GAVE ME STOOL SOFTNER AND LAXATIVES.......

COLACE AND DULCOLAX IS THE MEDS HE GAVE ME.....

AND U NEED TO EAT A HIGH FIBER DIET.. MORE VEGGIES AND FRUIT HE TOLD ME...AND TO DRINK MORE!!!!

BUT I MUST SAY IF UR IN TO MUCH PAIN LIKE I WAS .. I WAS CRYIN .. GO TO ER!!!
 Before surgery 277
 1 yr post op    163
 10/09/09 delivered a healthy baby boy.... myself wieghin in at 194lbs
 10/12/09        181
 01/29/2010     201
 Goal.... 155lbs...

SURGERY DATE -MARCH 17TH 2008 --LUCK OF IRISH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Labs
Mary G. · 0 replies · 656 views
Checking In