How is everyone doing at 11 months?

itsluff
on 2/4/09 7:05 am - Dyer, IN
Just checking in...this board isn't seeing much action, but this is the group I'm interested in hearing from.

I'm a little worried because I can eat pretty much anything and I'm wondering if that's true for all of you?!

Of course, part if this could be because I've changed my habits so much that I 'think' I can eat anything.  For example, I don't eat any type of bread, no caffine, no carbonation, limited sugar (special occasions, like birthdays).

Still I found myself eating bad carbs during the superbowl game and beyond.  Is anyone else having this problem?

For the record, I've lost over 105 lbs and exercise 3-4 times a week (45 minutes on the eliptical, burning over 600 cals at at time).

How are the rest of you doing?  Am I on track?  Thanks all!

Paula
Deedums
on 2/4/09 2:26 pm - Brentwood, NY
Hi, 11 months post op, 120 pounds down and doing pretty good. I can also eat pretty much anything. I stay low carb because I get a bit queezy if I eat to much of the wrong carbs. I do low sugar 'cause I can't do sugar free due to sugar alcohols. My portions are still pretty small. On a good day I can eat a 6 oz piece of beef or chicken with a few veggies. I also don't do any caffine or carbonation, and very limited breads and pastas. Sometimes I want something salty, crunchy so I'll have a 100 calorie bag of Cheez-It. I just started having pork rinds for salty crunchy and they work just as well with no carbs. Bloodwork is great and I'm feeling better than i have in years.

Darice 

Cathie N.
on 2/6/09 8:17 am - Augusta, GA
Hi Paula,

I'll be officially 11 months out the 20th. So far i'm down 124 lbs. I love my tool!

Sometimes I feel like I eat too much so I tracked on dailyplate for a few days and realized I was only getting in between 600 & 700 calories in a day  

I eat low carb and very low sugar because I use to dump badly and now the fear of

dumping keeps me on track!

Every once in a while I find myself grazing. Old habits and all ...

I'm hooked on the 25 calorie Diet Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa right now .. try it.

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

happyhare
on 2/7/09 4:09 am - southern tier, NY

HELLO PAULA, 
I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM AND ALMOST 50 Y.O ...NOT MANY POSTS  HERE AHHH !  I AGREE. RNY MARCH 25, 2008.   I'M REAL  HAPPY WITH MY RESULTS.  BMI FROM 39 TO 27.  I JUST JOINED A ' WOMENS'  GYM  WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER TO SEE HOW MUCH FARTHER I CAN GO WITH TONING,  ESPECIALLY MY UPPER ARMS.  YES, I CAN ALSO EAT ANYTHING & I DO NOT DUMP. ( I LOVE NECCO WAFERS & CONVERSATION HEARTS).   HIKE-WALKING HAS BEEN MY SAVIOR UNTIL RECENT MONTHS ... WINTER  ****) IS TOUGH FOR EXERCISE OTHER THAN A GOING TO A GYM .. I THINK.  SO I AM TRAINING FOR A LOCAL 5-K IN MAY 2009.  MY WEIGHT HAS PLATUED FOR THE PAST 6 MO. BUT I AM HAPPY WITH IT.
NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU
CAROL

small20634
on 2/17/09 4:15 am - Southern, MD

I am so over joyed about what I have accomplished I am ready to throw a party!
YEAH LADIES WE HAVE CAME SO FAR !!!!!!!! 

It will be a year 3/4/08 at 06:30:05 - I am only 10 lbs from my goal. I mainly eat based on a daily intake. If I know I am having Chinese food I will just eat two 100 snacks during the day and drink hot tea. Also, I buy Capri sun 25 cal juice drinks. I punish those drinks and I love the 100 snacks. Those snacks really help out when I have a taste for salt or something to crunch on. I am not able to eat beef, I went to my doctors and asked for x-rays and everything cause I swore I lost my stomach. I was balled up and crying for hours until I passed out asleep from beef. I would have a cupcake and starved the rest of the day by eating nothing but fruits . But it works for me!  I must say the cupcake thing -it was a social thing mainly. I use splenda for everything that calls for sugar. Seafood is my best friend - without it I would starve. Also, I love my kettle chips! For the most part I would grade myself a B+  for staying on track! (Don't ask about the vitamins) However, there is room for improvement and mind control over what I no I can have from what I no I should not have.

I have been taking yoga, kick boxing classes, walking, and I can jog like a block straight before my knees about to buckle and my calf catch on fire (lol). I also do yoga and taebo at home and it is very good after a hard days work. I work out at least 30 mins every other day. If I miss a day I will work out 60 mins the next day. I am trying to find people who like to walk downtown but no wants to. That's okay, I have my mission and I go ALONE!

Good luck ladies & Thanks !

AGAIN Give yourselves a round of applause .........

KLo
[email protected]
Diane G.
on 2/17/09 1:24 pm - winnipeg, Canada
Hi
On Feb 13, I was 11 months post-op.... pre-surgery I weighed 286 lbs, now I am 150 lbs..... (loss of 136 lbs) not too bad eh?  I bought a new jacket (size 14 instead of siz 28/30 or 5X) and pants (size 12 instead of 28 or 5X).  My head has not caught up completely with my size as I am almost always buying clothes that are too big as I am not sure of my size.  When ave you heard that people stop losing weight....  at 12 motnhs or by 18 months or ???  I have no regrets, feeling great.  I just turned 50 yrs and feel like 40 or even younger, how great is that!

Diane
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

uniquely_ambi
on 2/20/09 8:51 pm - Spring, TX
I will be a year on St. Patrick's day (3/17).  I can't believe how far I've come in one short year.  I used to be 320, BMI of 57, Size 30/32 in pants and almost a 5x in shirts.  Now I'm 183, BMI of 32.4, Size M/L in shirts and size 14 in pants.  I've lost a total of 137 lbs.

I mostly feel good.  I can't believe how much smaller I am though and I have issues with shopping.  On one hand I've lost a lot, on the other hand, I have a lot more to lose on my 5'3" frame.  Also, last time I was think I had just turned 18 and I used to wear things a lot diff. from what I wear now.  I am unsure of how I "should" be dressing.  I just turned 28 and I'm finding some things I'm looking at are too "young" for me, but a lot of stuff can also be too "old" for me.  I don't know what my style is yet and how I should be dressing.  It makes me very frustrated.  I'm very quickly running out of clothes and I have NOTHING at all for summer-time.

I have my annual bloodwork coming on on 3/13 and then my annual appt. with my surgeon on 3/19.  This way he'll hopefully have the bloodwork in by then.

Amber
RNY 3/08, 151 lbs. lost 
Currently preg with my miracle
Due 12/18/13

lynnec2
on 3/1/09 10:11 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 03/10/08 with
On March 11th I will be one year out.   I have lost 125 pounds and gone from a size 30/32 to a size 14 !!! Yea.  I can tolerate most all foods, not sure that's such a good thing though.  I have been so blessed through this whole life changing event.  I have had no complications no real problems. 
Having said that I do have a concern,  I lost 100 pounds in seven months and it  took three months to lose the next 25 pounds.  I have been at the same weight for two months now and it is driving me crazy.  I work out and keep my calories at around 800 to 1000 a day. 
I also worry because I feel hungary again and that scares me.  Can anyone else relate? 

Thanks,
Lynne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Labs
Mary G. · 0 replies · 656 views
Checking In
Janice B. · 0 replies · 906 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 771 views
A little over a year
darnold · 0 replies · 890 views