Almost 1 year...questions

johnjo02
on 3/11/09 2:32 am - middlebury, IN
Hello!

I will be 1 year out on March 19th. I was 372.5 on the day of surgery. I now weigh 253. I will only lose 1 week a month, the other 3 weeks seem to be nothing. This has been going on for about 4 months now. WIll I stop losing soon or does it keep going? My goal is 180 but boy it is slow going. I also find I can eat more at times than others. Is this normal and should I be losing faster than what I am?

THanks,
Johnna  :)
Diane G.
on 3/14/09 4:55 am - winnipeg, Canada
Hi Johnna,
I am out 1 year this month too.  I weigh myself only once a month on my anniversary date... I used to weigh myself earlier in the month and then was frustrated if I didn't lose enough, crazy eh, we've lost over 100 lbs and yet we are mad if we only lose a few pounds. 

Congratulations on your loss, we all need to celebrate and be proud of our accomplishments.  I know somettimes I feel that I haven't lost enough but it is finally catching up with me... look at your pre-surgery pics and compare...hope this helps.
Diane
lynnec2
on 3/15/09 11:39 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 03/10/08 with
March 10th was my aniiversary.  I have lost 128 pounds.  I lost 100 in a little over six months and It has taken four months to lose 28 pounds.  I haven't lost anything in almost two months.  I also find I am feeling hungry again which is upseting.  I'm just glad to see this seems to be "normal" in a sence. 
M. B.
on 3/31/09 8:46 am - WI
I know the frustration you feel! Once I lost my initial 100 pounds back in October/Novembe, my weight loss slowed way down to a crawl and I've only lost 7 pounds since Christmas. I'm hoping to just keep pushing forward and with the nice weather and habits of summer, the weight will fall.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Labs
Mary G. · 0 replies · 656 views
Checking In
Janice B. · 0 replies · 907 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 772 views
A little over a year
darnold · 0 replies · 890 views
1 YR POST OP PICS
bridgetk23 · 0 replies · 967 views