Congratulations.....to all the new March'ers

Nan2008
on 2/22/09 1:57 am - Midland, MI

I haven't checked the March board in a few days...WOW, lots of new surgery dates!!
Congratulations to everyone ! 

March is just around the corner!!!!!   My surgery date is March 9th and I started my 2 week liquid diet today It's starting to feel real now!!!!   And so far (knock on wood) the shakes arent' that bad.  My surgeon has us drink 3 shakes, a soup, and a fiber drink each day.  No food.  I guess I can have SF popsickles or SF Jello. 

Anyways, just wanted to say HI and tell everyone I am getting really excited for March to get here!

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

NNicholas
on 2/22/09 12:04 pm - Oxford, MI

Good to see that you are doing so well Nan. I lived on sugar free Popsicles and sugar free jello for the first few weeks after my surgery. I still eat them today. they make great no calorie snacks. Welcome to all the February and March people as well. Good luck on your fantastic journeys.

Nick

rbnski71
on 2/22/09 9:59 pm - Farmington, CT
 My surgery is on the 10th!   I started my liquid diet yesterday.  I am in Florida finishing up my two week vacation and had to ship the shakes down.  Are you on optifast?  I agree the shakes aren't too bad.  However I keep reminding myself that I am unable to eat.  I think the two week pre op diet, is a good preparation of your post op recovery!
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/09 8:18 am
Wow wi**** was me I started my diet on sunday so this is day 2 and we don't get to have any soup or a fiber drink. We have to drink 5 shakes a day and crystal light if we want to but I just keep thinking about the bigger picture or the light at the end of the tunnel...oh yeah my date is March 10th. Good luck with your surgery!
Nan2008
on 2/23/09 8:40 am - Midland, MI
Thanks!  Good Luck to you too!!  I'll be one day ahead of you.  My surgery is March 9th. 

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Melody L.
on 2/24/09 11:25 am - Keizer, OR
I'm not on a liquid diet until the last 3 days before surgery, but I've been following a sort of modified liquid diet on my own...I have two protein shakes a day at work, if I eat anything it's something really small, and then I have a light dinner at home, trying to focus on protein and veggies at that meal.  I figure the more I do now that easier it will be afterwards and I want to make sure my liver is in good shape.  

I'm really excited for March to get here too, even though my date is not until the 17th, at least once March arrives I will be in the same MONTH as my surgery, and March is just a few days away!  

~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

surrender44
on 2/27/09 4:53 am - union, NJ
Congrats on our upcoming surgery.  I am not on liquid diet until the night before surgery.  Going next weekend to post op my home
I pray to always remember newbies
After the rain comes the rainbows
w ww.myspace.com/ultranay

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????