March 5th is the date for me

deebatt
on 2/24/09 11:00 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
lap RNY on thursday March 5th.  Dr. George Eid at Magee Womens' Hospital UPMC in Pittsburgh.  I am super excited, and ready for this, but starting to get a wee bit nervous.
~ Denise 

Melody L.
on 2/24/09 11:04 am - Keizer, OR
Congratulations!  March 5th was the first date they offered me, but I asked if I could have it just a bit later so that I could give work a bit more notice, so my date is March 17th.  I'm just excited so far, but I'm sure as I get closer I will be a bit nervous as well.   Hope you have an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery!
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

deebatt
on 2/24/09 11:27 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
Thanks Melody,

March 5th was soon for me too...i just found out on feb 19 so that gave me 2 weeks to prepare.  The next date was Friday March 13....so i chose the 5th lol
~ Denise 

Melody L.
on 2/24/09 11:37 am - Keizer, OR
How funny, I found out on February 19th too!  I would've jumped on it but I work as an RN and staffing is hard to begin with, so I thought I'd better give them a bit more notice than that, plus, I really wanted to be off for spring break and the 17th is the week before spring break so I'll be a few days out, should be able to at least take my kids to see a movie before the week is over and I'll be able to be home.  
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/09 3:44 pm
March 5th is my date too!  I found out like Jan 12rh though.   I could have had it sooner but I had to come up with the $2700 for my max out of pocket.  Kinda sucked that they needed it up front like that but oh well.  Only 8 days 5 hours 47 min but hey who is counting right.  Lol.  I am getting so sick of these EAS protein shakes though.  I started them back in December for the most part but have been on them 100% since last week monday.   That and 1 cup of 100% juice a day.  It will be nice when all of this is over and I'm finally at goal.
Andria S.
on 2/28/09 6:13 am
I'm Mar 5th too!!  I'm getting nervous just reading everyone's date. I am sheduled for 10:00 wi**** was earlier!  Yesterday I had a manicure and pedicure.  THis morning I had a spa day body scrub (yes I let them do a scrub on me ha!) and a massage. Just preparing myself for next week. I only have to do clear liquids 2 days not the two weeks...I was planning for two weeks but my doctor said not necessary so I will start liquids probably on Monday instead of Tuesday.  Pray!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views