"Cajun Country" Guy having "Sleeve" March 3rd!!

davemdg
on 2/25/09 3:26 pm
Hi All! Next Tuesday is "IT" ... I'm a 55 year old male in the heart of "Cajun Country" and all that good Gumbo, Jambalaya, etc. caught up with me! I'm having the VGS on March 3rd.  - (I don't see a whole lot of "sleevers" in this forum????)

Like everybody, I'm excited, a little scared and a LOT nervous. I'm finally over the 'surgery-itself' jitters but I'm having a bit of a problem every time I think of the PERMANENCY of the surgery ... I know I HAVE to do this and I wouldn't change my mind for anything, but, hey, for 40+ years I've eaten WHAT I want, WHEN I want, and HOW MUCH I wanted and now I'm choosing to  be limited to 1/2 cup meals for the rest of my life......

But I KNOW all that "free-eating" is what got me in this fix and the 'alternative' (to NOT having the surgery) is also not an option. But I'm human and I'm naturally apprehensive. Then, too, I know we are all doing the right thing!

Any fellow March 3rds out there - and/or any fellow "Sleevers"??? Best of Luck to all of you!!!
s/ Dave from Louisiana's Cajun Country

[Dear Lord: Please DELIVER ME from the humorless people of the world!] 

Janet L.
on 2/26/09 1:49 am - Jemez Springs, NM
Good luck with your up coming surgery. I'm right behind you on March 9th for my sleeve. I have all those feeling too. I'm going to miss food ... ... But I know I'm going to love what I feel after surgery. I'm so ready to be health. To do things I wouldn't or couldn't before. It's going to be hard but you can do it!!! Best of luck next week
Janet
davemdg
on 3/1/09 2:40 am
I KNOW we're doing the right thing! And though LOTS of folks do great with the RNY, the "sleeve" seemed perfect for me from the outset. Best of luck - let's keep in touch.

Dave

Emily C.
on 2/26/09 11:11 pm - Claremore, OK
Just wanted to wish you well on March 3. I am on the 2nd of March for RNY. I know how you feel. I am a bit axioux myself, but not scared. I am so ready for the lifestyle change. I can't wait.
Emily

davemdg
on 3/1/09 2:43 am
I'm "at peace" with everything .. and certainly excited about my new life-to-be! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Let us know how you did - maybe we'll do a post-surgery "post" around the same time!

davemdg
on 3/1/09 2:46 am

I just knew SOMEONE had to be March 3rd besides moi ...  (Though the post before you has hers Monday (tomorrow!) What procedure are you having done? I'm "psyched" - READY to get in - get home and start my new life!

rinaalston
on 2/28/09 9:47 am - LANCASTER, CA
Wishing you luck...I'll be with you that same day.
davemdg
on 3/1/09 2:48 am
OOPS! This reply post was intended for you! 

I  just knew SOMEONE had to be March 3rd besides moi ...  (Though the post before you has surgery Monday (tomorrow!) What procedure are you having done? I'm "psyched" - READY to get in - get home and start my new life!

Dave

guynnm
on 2/28/09 8:49 pm - TN
Good Luck with your surgery, keep us updated. I will have VSG 3/30 and feel all the same feelings Again Good Luck!!
a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWnv6C8/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wWnv6C8/s->

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 954 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views