Came Home Today

SeaCordWay
on 3/19/09 7:52 am
Hi  Everyone. I had my RNY on Tuesday and was home today by 11am! I was so scared prior to the surgery, but looking back,  it was nothing compared to the happiness I feel now. I almost cried in pre-op when they weighed me and I had lost 17 lbs on the pre-op diet! The nurse hugged me, it was such a great feeling. I've been very careful to follow all the rules, I got up and walked right away, sipped my liquids, did my breathing exercises. I believe all these things really did help. As soon as we got home, my fiance, dogs and I walked up and down the street, I started my liquids then took a nap. It was great to sleep without wires attached and being woken up for vitals! The surgeon told me the surgery lasted less than 1 hour, so as hard as it is, stick to the pre-op diet, it is for your safety. Thanks to everyone on this site, I had a few things that may my stay much more comfortable: Gas-X strips(God bless the inventor who created them), lip balm(the hospital was so dry), and men's stretchy undershirts( I don't think I could have worn a bra home).  Well I am off to pick up my prescriptions, I want to move around as much as possible. Thank you to all who have shared and God bless all who are starting the journey soon.
kaychat
on 3/19/09 9:50 am
I also came home today. The first 24 hours were rough and I remembered asking myseld why I had done this electively. Today has been a new day. I feel a little sore, but good.
I have to agree that moving doing the exercises and the liquids did help tremedously. Good luck in your future weigthloss!
Dawn H.
on 3/19/09 9:53 am - Nappanee, IN
Glad to hear your  both safe and home!  Good luck!  Dawn H.

Dawn H LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatHW 232/ SW 210/ CW 122/ GW 125   HT 5'1"  

Emily C.
on 3/19/09 3:29 pm - Claremore, OK
hijack

So you just have a few days left before your surgery......I am so excited for you. Prayers are being said.
Emily

Emily C.
on 3/19/09 3:28 pm - Claremore, OK
Congratulations on an uneventful surgery. Glad you are doing so well. Can't wait to ready your updates.
Emily

SUNRAY
on 3/19/09 4:37 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hi
I agree..all the hard work done before surgery made all the difference after surgery.  I came home Tuesday and after greeting all the dogs, promptly went to sleep LOL  The Hospital is not a place to get rest...being woke up every 2 hours for vitals, walking every 2 hours or more often....home never looked or felt so good. Congratulations and welcome to the Loser's Bench ^_^
Sunray

243.0/213.0/141/130  Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views