Energy Levels

origamistar
on 3/26/09 2:23 pm - Tulalip, WA
Hi Y'all! I had my surgery on the 11th of this month, and I am still having a hell of a time getting any energy up at all. How is everyone elses energy since surgery?

lizzyliz1
on 3/26/09 2:28 pm

Hi, I had my surgery on the 27th of January and noticed I had more energy than ever. I was up at the crack of dawn. I did more house work. I would even take more frequent walks. Now I am down on energy. I don't feel like I have energy to do anything. I am waking up later than ever. Hit the snooze button as much as I can and as for house work. I only do it on the weekends when I have time. So my energy levels have since plummeted.

Liz

deebatt
on 3/27/09 12:43 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
i am the same way.  Surgery on 3/5 and immediately noticed an increase in energy.  Up early, getting showered and dressed,  doing chores and housework with no problems, eager to walk.  Now for the past 2-3 days it seems like im not as good on the energy level, wanting to lay in bed longer, etc etc..
~ Denise 

lizzyliz1
on 3/27/09 8:28 am
Are you drinking alot of fluids and taking your protein? Someone else suggested to me that if we're not consuming enough water and protein that could be the reason to our decreased energy or it could also be lack of iron or b12? I only drink about 32-50 oz. of water a day if that. How much do you drink? I also try to drink atleast 2 protein shakes but it doesn't always workout.

Liz

GOD DOES NOT  GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE.

HEIGHT 4'11"  Age 32  HW(201)   PSW(195)  CW(146)  1st GW(120) 2nd GW (110)
globirdie
on 3/27/09 10:00 am - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
Since my surgery was on Wed and I just got home  I dpn't haveany energy at al.   But that will come agan once I start healin  But for right now I am going to go to bed and get a good nights sleep. Catchy you in the moning.
Emily C.
on 3/28/09 2:12 am - Claremore, OK
My surgery was Mar 2 and I still don't have any energy. I get the laundry done and that is about it. My husband, mom and kids are doing the chores around the house. I just feel whooped.
EMily

atn
on 4/2/09 2:32 pm
I had lapband on March 11th. Today was the first day that i have had any energy at all.  I have also had the intestinal flu but my energy was low before that.  Im not getting in any protein shakes.  And if your not supposed to drink for 2 hours after a meal and it takes you 2 hours eat, how the @#$#$ you supposed to get fluids in!  Im not convinced that this was such a good idea.  I feel after i eat or drink anything at all as if I have swallowed razor blades.  Weird thing is it only hurts in my back!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views