You can DO THIS!

onbeelay
on 4/11/09 1:38 am
I just wanted to post a GOOD SKILLS and Congratulations to everyone who had surgery in March. I'm 3 years out yesterday and just wanted to pop onto a newbie board and offer my support. I know being on here was one of the best things I did for myself besides the surgery! Support is everything. 

FIrst off don't panic! It's weird and you are probably feeling like your life will never get back to "normal" but it will. 

It won't be easy, it won't be quick, but you will change your life.

Be well and for the love of Pete _stay compliant_! 

I'm serious Vitamins _every_ day_  , water, protein before carbs, move daily and it will happen and you will move towards your goal.

Each time you take a sip of that nasty protein drink is one more step towards your goal. When you are wondering if you can take one more sip of soup, you can. When you are wondering if your going bald, you might be, but (it grows back, it's temporary usually and it's WORTH IT) change is hard and this is a marathon people. A rest of your life marathon where you get into shape as you run it.

Stalls are inevitable, take the long view on your health and spend the energy on something more important like how you are going to pay for the Vitamins...:) 

YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS! 

scrappinladie
on 4/11/09 1:59 am - Windsor, Canada
  Thanks for the support.  I appreciate the encouragement and the advice from a veteran weight loser.   After reading this I went and got my vitamins. 

Thanks again
Trish
onbeelay
on 4/11/09 5:48 am
Good choice! No matter how many different vitamins you have to try before you find a routine that works for you or protein drinks you have to throw/give away because they taste like licking the bottom of a shoe, you must do it. DO it for yourself and those who love you! 

Set a reminder on a cell phone. Have someone call you. Put your pills on the dash of your car or in your shoes. Attach em to your key rings. Have duplicates at work,  or in your purse, stash some B-12 in your gym bag. Look for samples online, whatever works! 

Start now because  I gaurentee if you don't six months down the road when your reserves are completely gone and you are wondering why you are too tired to exercise and your skin looks so terrible and your hair is so brittle and you are feeling so overwhelmed you'll be kicking yourself that you could have prevented this and you'll be cursing that you have to spend 5 hours in a chair with a huge needle getting iron infusions just so you can function normally. It doesn't have to be that way start now! It's never too late to start taking your vitamins until it is.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views