Cant sleep lying down yet????

merlinspride
on 4/11/09 10:01 pm - lindenwold, NJ
 Hi alll fellow Marcher's...just wondering where everyone is sleeping at night?  I had my surgery on 03/23 and I am still sleeping sitting up on the couch.  I tried last night again to lie in bed (side sleeper) and I felt like I was being torn in half when I was lying down.  So I am just curious as to where everyone is sleeping.  Are you able to lie down comfortably in your bed?  If so, when were you able to start sleeping inyour bed?
Stephanie

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmLatAp/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wmLatAp/weight.png[/img] [/url]
almondsoylatte
on 4/12/09 9:42 am - Oklahoma City, OK
did you have laposcopy (sp) or were you cut down the middle?

i had lap and was able to sleep on like the third night being home. i was sore dont get me wrong, but my pain meds helped me out with that :)

my friend had the cut and slept in a lazy boy for her first month, so your not alone!

good luck!
<3
am
origamistar
on 4/12/09 6:41 pm - Tulalip, WA
Hey there! I'm five weeks out from rny and i slept in an easy chair for 3 of those weeks! I can totally relate. But I did eventually get back into my bed, which is pure fantasticness. I too felt like i was being ripped in half for the first few days, but it did get better, especially when i used a body pillow tucked very firmly against my stomach. Good luck!
Melody L.
on 4/12/09 10:41 pm - Keizer, OR
I had lap RNY on March 17th and have slept in my bed since my first night home from the hospital, but I still cannot sleep on my side, I have to sleep on my back.  The first week or so I slept on my back with 3 or 4 pillows propped under my back and head to keep me a bit elevated, but now I just use my regular two.  I am dying to be able to sleep on my stomach and sides again!  I am not at all a back sleeper.  
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

robin B.
on 4/13/09 2:44 am - venus, TX
I still sleep in a recliner in the livingroom.  It is driving me crazy.  My surgery was 3/30.  I also am a side sleeper and just can't do it yet.

Robin
Robin B.
computer_nerd
on 4/13/09 5:28 am
I had RNY on 3/25 and slept in the recliner the first 2 nights but have been sleeping in my bed ever since. The recliner is where I started my weight gain and one of my goals was to change that. So I was very determined to get out of that recliner ASAP. No more sitting up late night in the recliner, watching TV and chowing down.

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
Stop Sharing_1976
on 4/13/09 10:23 pm
I'm almost a month out, and I'm finally able to sleep on my stomach...the 1st  weeksI slept on the sofa or in bed surronded my many, many pillows.  I used a small pillow to support my stomach when sleeping, geting in/out of bed.  Gradually I started sleeping on my right side (left side was more sensitive) and now I'm able to sleep on my stomach. 
Melody L.
on 4/15/09 12:08 pm - Keizer, OR
Oh how I wish I could sleep on my stomach and sides!  My left side and under my belly button is still way too sore.  I'm so tired of being sore.  But...I'll get through it and eventually I'm sure I'll be able to sleep how i want again someday, lol. 
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

rinandjon
on 4/18/09 2:28 pm - CA
I am a stomach sleeper (side sleeper is second choice), but I was so uncomfortable the first night that I was almost crying to go back to the hospital and sleep in their awesome adjustable bed.  Regardless, I toughed it out and have slept in my own bed since the first night home.  Although, I did have to have my husband get up and help my sit up to get out of bed everytime I had to pee or get up - but he was awesome and never complained.  I now sleep on my stomach and I sleep VERY comfortably.  I still do have soreness on the left side of my abdomen, but it is workable. 
Brittnie S.
on 4/24/09 10:36 am - NV
I had surgery on March 20. The first week I could sleep on my back as long as my head and shoulders were proped up with a ton of pillows. The second week after surgery I could sleep on my back but not on my side. Now I'm sleeping on my back, stomach, side, any way I want to now. I had the realize band done so maybe thats why it's been a little easier.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 954 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views