shrinking feet

Emily C.
on 4/17/09 7:41 am - Claremore, OK
Yes, it is true. Your feet really do shrink after WLS. Before WLS I was wearing a size 12. I went and got fit for new orthotics and shoes today and I was measured at a size 10. I am so excited. That means I can buy shoes at regular shoe stores now instead of having to special order offline. Yippee. I have worn a 12 for so long that I have been stuck in wearing Crocs because I just couldn't find a cute shoe. I feel a shopping spree coming on.
Emily

shoregurl
on 4/17/09 10:31 am - toms river, NJ
Oh Emily that's AWESOME! Yay you!!
 Shannon  

rinandjon
on 4/18/09 2:23 pm - CA
So it really does happen???  I hoped it might because I was up to a size 11 and having problems finding shoes to fit pre-surg.  Just yesterday, I was thinking that my shoes felt loose and I was JUST hoping that they were shrinking....  :)

Congrats to you!
Dawn H.
on 4/19/09 12:32 am - Nappanee, IN
Emily, your doing great!! Congrats!!! Dawn

Dawn H LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatHW 232/ SW 210/ CW 122/ GW 125   HT 5'1"  

SeaCordWay
on 4/21/09 10:23 am
Congrats! I have the incredible shrinking feet as well. Although, I love to wear crocs as much as possible, I am psyched to reach the point where I can buy shoes in stores as well.
Melody L.
on 4/21/09 12:16 pm - Keizer, OR
I've only lost 22 pounds since surgery, but my feet have shrunk as well, I think because I'm not swelling up like I was before surgery.  My shoes that I wear every day are loose on me now.  Grats on your new shoe size!
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 954 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views