OT Women...Menstrual Question

shoregurl
on 5/4/09 7:04 am - toms river, NJ
Anyone else having cycles from hell since surgery? Or am I alone in this? I'm going to the doc tomorrow, I can't take it anymore!
 Shannon  

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 8:00 am - Memphis, TN
When I started my pre-op diet, I started my period because of weightloss. It sucked because I was bleeding during surgery and everything. Then, it stopped a week or so later. I started lightly bleeding on the 28th of April and am still lightly spotting. I think our hormones are re-adjusting--I am sure you will regulate with time! Good luck, dahlin'!

-Jen

shoregurl
on 5/4/09 8:14 am - toms river, NJ
Thanks Jen! 
 Shannon  

kaychat
on 5/4/09 12:08 pm
I haven't had regulars cycles for the past 2 years. Which sucked when I was trying to get pregnant. Since my surgery I have had heavy cycles with tons of cramping and every 3 weeks. So I hear ya! Let us know what the doc says.
RaeRaeMae
on 5/4/09 5:24 pm - Sartell, MN
I have only had one cycle since my surgery.  It was very heavy and I was VERY crampy.  I just can't wait to see what May brings... <--sarcasm
SeaCordWay
on 5/6/09 10:14 am
YES! My regular period started on Mar 14 and stopped May 3rd!! It was very heavy . The doctor said it was common. I hope I get a break for a month or two!
Emily C.
on 5/6/09 10:16 pm - Claremore, OK
Shannon, you are not alone. I am having horrible cycles that are really heavy with a lot of cramping. I hate it. The good news is that I am not gaining 5 pounds with every period I have. I am so glad about that. I did that before surgery.
Emily

rinandjon
on 5/9/09 2:55 pm - CA
Shannon,

Thank goodness to hear some other folks with this issue!  I have endometriosis and don't have periods normally - I take continuous bc pills without stopping normally.  I continued the pills thru surgery, but because they were crushed, i lost a lot of the effectiveness of them somehow.  I started my period March 19th - three days after surgery and I have still not stopped.  I talked to my doc last week about it and he said it is normal and just hang in there.

I am moody, crampy, and have days of weight-plateaus that I think are all related.....

ARG!

Corrine

shoregurl
on 5/10/09 1:39 am - toms river, NJ
Me too! I started mine on April 20th and I'm still going!! ARGGGHHH!! This sucks! The gyno put me on bc pills, but they're making me so sick. :(
 Shannon  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views