Ok all you eating meat...tell me how you prepare it?

shoregurl
on 5/25/09 9:41 am - toms river, NJ
I desperately want to try chicken. I see a lot of you are eating it with no problem. So can you advise me how you prepare it? I seem to be so far behind in my eating habits compared to others. (I know I shouldn't compare)
I don't consume any meats and I really want to try something new. Thanks all!
 Shannon  

computer_nerd
on 5/25/09 11:35 am
I buy the south beach diet wrap kits and eat the chicken out of them. It is really moist and easy to chew. Baked Tilapia is really easy to eat too. I put seasoning on the filet and broil it in the oven. It is really moist and easy to eat too.

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
origamistar
on 5/25/09 7:56 pm - Tulalip, WA
May I suggest rotissery chicken? It's generally moist and absolutly delicious. My personal favorite is from Costco.

computer_nerd
on 5/26/09 12:29 am
Great idea! I forgot about that one.

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
BobF4
on 5/26/09 7:06 am - Rochester, NY
I usually cook my meat in the slow cooker (crock pot).  It comes out really moist and tender.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.  --  Lao Tzu
                    * Surgery date - 3/2/2009!!!
Highest - Current - Goal
--406--------258--------?

Melody L.
on 5/26/09 8:32 am - Keizer, OR
I've eaten lots of meat since surgery, with not a lot of problems, including steak, ground beef, turkey, pork shoulder, 98% fat free hot dogs, turkey sausage, chicken, fish.  But for some reason this last week or two chicken is not my friend, I had some grilled chicken that my husband cooked over the BBQ and it made me sick, I figured it was just too dry.  So, having not had a lot of problems with chicken previously the next day we went to Costco and I got a rotisserie chicken and ate some, super moist, shouldn't have been a problem, but again, it made me sick.  And I tried it one other time since then, but only a couple of bites but started to get that same icky feeling so I stopped.  I'm frustrated because chicken is my favorite meat to eat and until now I've been able to eat it.  So, this past week or two I haven't had much meat.  I think I'll try some fish tonight.  
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

shoregurl
on 5/26/09 10:00 am - toms river, NJ
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! I'll give them a try!
 Shannon  

jessie_rose24
on 5/27/09 1:33 pm - Clarksville, TN
 One way to make sure your chicken comes out tender is to brine (soak) it in water and a little salt for about 10 minutes before you cook it.  It keeps it nice and tender while you are cooking it.  You can also put your chicken in spaghetti sauce (look for brands with lower carbs/sugar)  and boil it.  It comes out so soft and is soooo yummy!  I have been eating meats too for a while now... I will say I didnt have any issues with them as long as I remember to CHEW up SMALL bites!  But eating meat is great to get your protein in!  Good Luck!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Sarah K.
on 5/28/09 1:47 am - Orting, WA

Hi Shannon
I'm a little late on the reply but....for what its worth. 
I have found that the chicken i can tolerate the best is in a chicken salad.  Maybe its because I'm still only a few months out but....I usually go to Whole Foods or even costco has a chicken salad that they make out of the rotisserie chicken.  Thankfully only a few bites fills me up.... I just bought a whole rotisserie chicken from Costco last night and had a few bites but..... I think I ate it too fast though and got sick.  That is actually my biggest problem with chicken is not eating it slow enough and getting sick from it :(

Good luck girl!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1060 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1087 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 949 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1047 views