4 month update with pics!

computer_nerd
on 7/25/09 12:08 am
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/3986658/4-months-post- op-91-pounds-gone-Pics/

Would love to hear how all you other Marchers are doing!

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
Melody L.
on 7/25/09 10:59 am - Keizer, OR
Wow, you look great, wtg!  You've lost A LOT of weight for just four months!!  I'm doing ok, down 49.4 pounds since surgery, plus 22 before surgery, so 71.4 total.  The surgeon's office had my RMR tested because I was losing slower than they would expect me to with my intake and it showed that resting metabolism is quite slow, so they put me on medication to try to help that.  It seems to help a bit, we'll see how things are in another month.  :)
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

BobF4
on 7/26/09 12:21 am - Rochester, NY

For over 4 months out, you rock!!!

I had surgery March 2, which makes it as of today (7/26) one week shy of 5 months out.

When I had pre-op testing (my last weigh-in before surgery) around Valentines Day, I weighed 340.  Last Tuesday, I weighed myself  at the gym, and I weigh 267 now.  Makes me 73 pounds down from the pre-op testing.  I am 139 pounds down from y heaviest weight ever (406).

At my pre-op testing, I wore a 4XL shirt, and a waist size 56 pants to the testing.  I am now into 2Xl shirts, and fit very nicely into some XL shirts.  I am wearing size 46 waist pants (including jeans, something I had not, before surgery, worn for many, many years), and can almost get into size 44 pants.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.  --  Lao Tzu
                    * Surgery date - 3/2/2009!!!
Highest - Current - Goal
--406--------258--------?

Nan2008
on 7/26/09 3:06 am - Midland, MI
You look fabulous....great work!!

I had my surgery March 9th and feel great!  I am down 87 lbs total (19 was during 2 week pre-op diet).  It sure feels good to get the weight off doesn't it?!  I set a goal for myself of 100 lbs off by the 6 month mark.  I have to work hard this next month to make it happen :-)

Great weight loss.....keep up the good work!!

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

siberiancat
on 7/29/09 5:18 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Great job.  I'm losing much more slowly, but it is what it is.  I've went down 4 sizes in pants.  I am staying on my surgeons plan, so not much more I can do.

I cheer your success.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Brittnie S.
on 8/6/09 2:55 am - NV
wow, you look awesome keep up the good work! I had the realize band surgery march 20th and went from 298lbs at my first appointment in December 2008 to 211lbs as of this morning so a total loss of 87lbs! This does include 34lbs that I lost prior to surgery so 53lbs since surgery.

globirdie
on 8/7/09 5:38 pm - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
I guess I need to wake up and get going.   I had my RNY March 25 and have had a stall for about a month now I have lost and found the same 4 pounds and getting very worried that this is all I am going to loose. 

I compare my progress to others and it is just not keeping up.  Currently Ihave lost 70 pounds but 25 was pre op.  I do find I can tolerate everything and that has me concerned   I already see old habits creeping back. 

But to those of you have seen a bigger loss I applaude you .

Lost 25 pounds pre-op
computer_nerd
on 8/8/09 12:49 pm
Please don't get discouraged. I know I have lost alot in a small amount of time but I had and still have alot to lose. As of yesterday I had lost 99 pounds total. I find that if I keep my calories between 800 and 1100 then I lose. If I drop below 800 then I stall. I eat protein, fruits, and vegetables and track my food on The Daily Plate every single day. I try to eat 3 meals and two snacks so my metabolism keeps going. I also get in as much water or Crystal Light as I can stand. We can do it if we stay positive and stay on track!

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views