5 Month Update for the March Crowd

jessie_rose24
on 8/6/09 4:30 am - Clarksville, TN
Just wanted to check in with everyone and see how everyone is feeling moving into the 5th month.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Nan2008
on 8/6/09 11:39 am - Midland, MI

Hi fellow Marchers!

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling healthier than we were back in March.  I know I am!

I am down a total of 95.5 lbs and have gone from a size 24 pants to a 14/16, shirts from a size 3x to a medium or large.  I've joined the gym and have  been working out 3-4 days a week.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

I would love to hear how everyone's doing and I wish everyone continued sucess on their journey!

Take care,
Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

jessie_rose24
on 8/7/09 5:02 am - Clarksville, TN
WOW Awesome job Nan! You are having great success... mind sharing "a day in the life of" i.e. what you eat in a day Im still trying to get my nutrition on track... Im always lacking on something lol!

Nan2008
on 8/9/09 5:24 am - Midland, MI
Hi Jesse,

I think you are doing great too!  I am like you and still trying to figure it all out and get my proper nutrition.  I' just recently started adding back in protien shakes b/c I was at a long stall and I wanted to start losing again. 

Typically I eat yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, a salad w/ lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, cheese, & dressing for lunch and then something like chili for dinner.  I eat cottage cheese, most meats, and fruits & veggies.  I still haven't eaten pasta or rice since my surgery. I do have popcorn once in a while and some nacho chips w/ salsa. 

What are you typically eating in a day? 

One thing I need to work on is getting more fluids in....I don't ever get in the 64 oz I'm supposed to!

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

jessie_rose24
on 8/10/09 3:20 am, edited 8/10/09 3:21 am - Clarksville, TN
lol that's funny that you said you just added back protein shakes, I had to stop drinking them cause my nut said they might be causing me to stall

I eat alot of tuna, hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, cottage cheese, yogurt (card control), chicken, cheese and stuff like that. I definetly need to work on keeping on schedule with my eating and drinking, that is the hardest thing for me. I have been doing better with getting all my water in, mixing it with crystal light helps and I started drinking those low carb fuse drinks, they are alright... only 2g of sugar, but they are a little sweet for my taste!

I think I am on track for my goals, I wanted to be at or under 215 by my birthday on the 20th of this month, I weighed in at 219 this morning so I think that is more than feasible Just gonna have to make sure I hit it hard at the gym this next week! What kind of excercise are you getting in?

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Nan2008
on 8/10/09 3:37 am - Midland, MI

Oh, that's funny....now it makes me want to cut out the protien shakes.  I have a weird trend on my losing.....I'll lose a whole bunch the for like 2 weeks then stay the same for a couple weeks...then lose a bunch for two weeks, then stay the same.  Seems that's the pattern I've had so far.

I'm sure you will make it to your goal by your birthday!!  My fiance and I are leaving for vacation on the 21st and my goal was to hit the 100 lbs lost mark by then...that means 11 more days!!   I have to exercise hard these next 11 days.

I do weight training 3 days a week and I try and walk, but I've been bad about getting the walking in....I really need to do more cardio so I'm going to try and walk3-4 times a week.

Keep up the good work....and Let me know if you hit your goal on the 20th!!
You can do it!! 

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

jessie_rose24
on 8/10/09 4:00 am - Clarksville, TN
Yeah I kinda follow the same thing... lose for a bit then nothing, then lose for a bit...

Vacation sounds nice! Where are you going? I think You will definetly reach your 100# mark by then! That is so awesome! I can't wait till I get there! I had set my 100# goal to be by my husband's birthday, NOV. 30

Yeah I love weight training, and have lost alot of inches even when I am not losing weight, all in total I have lost 64 inches from my body since surgery, so even when I am not losing weight I think the weight lifting is a little to blame for that lol. Well that's just what I will keep telling myself lol

Hope you have fun on your vacation I'll keep you posted on my goal!

Nan2008
on 8/10/09 9:53 am - Midland, MI
We are going to Washington DC and staying in a cabin in the mountains in Virginia!  Doesn't that sound relaxing??  I'm looking forward to it ! 

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/09 4:27 pm
I'm happy with the way things have gone.  I am going just past my 5th month and am down 122lbs so far......thats a whole person.....I hit some plateu's so I went back on the shakes and snacking on beef jerkey...jerky is surpising super high in protein.  I need to be exercising more then I am, its just been a crazy month.  I have a lot more energy, go running with my dog every night, joined a softball team that plays year round (gotta love FL), work out on the total gym 2 nights a week.  I'm really hoping that before my wife and I make the final move down to FL next week Friday I will finally be under 300.  Only 4 more lbs to go.  I haven't been under 300 in more then a decade.  That woudl be a huge accomplishment to me.  I went from a size 3x-4x tshirt to a size 2x, from a size 22 dress shirt to a size 18.5-19, from a size 48 pants to a size 38....that was huge.  I went from a size 60 suit to a size 54, had to mix and match the jacket and pants though, apparently the pants for a size 54 suit is supposed to be 48.  Things overall have been going well.
JenJen13
on 8/10/09 7:01 am
Awww man!!  I've only lost 65 pounds since my surgery on March 9.  I know I'm not supposed to compare, but reading about all the weight you guys have lost makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views