We made it 6 months!

BobF4
on 9/14/09 7:07 am - Rochester, NY
Well gang, we're all 6 months out now.  How is everyone doing?

Today, I had my 6 month post-op checkup.  I saw the PA today.  She said I was doing great, and was happy with my weight loss and progress thus far.

I now weigh 255 pounds, down 85 from my Valentines Day pre-op testing.

I am now walking more, especially at lunchtime at work.  I even have rollerblades to learn how to use!
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.  --  Lao Tzu
                    * Surgery date - 3/2/2009!!!
Highest - Current - Goal
--406--------258--------?

Nan2008
on 9/14/09 9:31 am - Midland, MI

Hi Bob & fellow Marcher's.

I had my 6 month check-up last Friday.  She said I have done great and have reached 68% of my goal.  She was happy with my progress so far, although my labs showed I am low on iron and B12.  I need to take iron and get B12 shots but my protien levels and everything else looked good.

I have lost a total of 110 lbs and have gone from a size 24 pants & 3X shirt to a size 14 pants and a L shirt.  I have been exercising a couple times a week but I need to start walking more often.  I now just do a weight training class 2 times a week but should be doing some cardio like walking....no excuses, I'm just lazy :-)

Bob - you have done well!!  Congratulations on your weight loss. 

I can't believe it's been 6 months already!

Is anyone scared that the weight loss will start to slow down now??  I'm a little nervous about that b/c so far I've been pretty consistant on losing 10-15 lbs a month.  I'm afraid the honeymoon period is going to be over soon :-(

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying your weight loss !!

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

BobF4
on 9/14/09 10:57 am - Rochester, NY
Nan, I must admit that my PA did use the phrase "As you move out of the honeymoon phase...".

So, this is scary!
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.  --  Lao Tzu
                    * Surgery date - 3/2/2009!!!
Highest - Current - Goal
--406--------258--------?

viar
on 9/16/09 5:21 am
Glad to hear your doing so well.  Im feeling much better about this whole thing.  Sure have been through hell getting here with 3 strictures, an ulcer and hospitalized for 5 days with ubstructed bowel.  But on the up side now.  Hard to believe how time flies.  I have went from wearing a size 3x, 28 pants to 16 pants and a large or xlarge shirt.  It feels great.  Dang, even the shoes fit better.
Melody L.
on 9/17/09 9:36 am - Keizer, OR
It is hard to believe that it's been 6 months already.  I was supposed to have my 6 month check up yesterday but due to a schedule change at work I had to change it so now I am not going in until next month, so I'll really be 7 months post op by then.  I'm down 64.4 pounds since surgery and 86.4 pounds total when you include the pre-op loss.  I'm a bit slower than others, I'm losing about 7 to 8 pounds a month, but I just keep trudging along and it seems to be going well.  I do worry that it will slow down even more soon and that I will struggle with losing the remainder of my weight, which is a lot, but I try to just think about the fact that most people continue to lose just fine after the first six months, and that even if it is a bit slower after that time they still often get to their goals.  I haven't had any problems, so I'm thankful for that.  Glad to hear how well everyone is doing!!
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

jenjengrins
on 9/18/09 1:42 am - Olathe, KS
Way to go 6 monthers.  I'm down 106lbs, was wearing 32/34 (4x) in pants and tops now wearing 18/20 bottoms and XL tops. 

I work out regularily at the gym and do just about everything I could expect.  :) 

7.8 cc in a 10 cc band, Started at 378 lbs
Goodbye 300 forever and ever! 07/18/2009

Tummy Tuck August 13, 2010

kaychat
on 9/18/09 12:20 pm
At six months I'm down 80lbs, since surgery. I weigh 162. I can't believe I'm so close to my goal weight of 130. I feel great and have more energy than I ever thought possible. I just moved so I don't have a new doc yet, but at my last appointment my blood work was good and my doc was happy with my progress.
Glad everyone else is doing good!
jessie_rose24
on 9/20/09 12:54 am - Clarksville, TN
Hey my fellow marchers! Looks like everyone is doing great! I for one feel ALOT better! I am down 93 pounds and have about 55 more to lose to get to my goal and 35 to get to my doctors goal for me. I have been slacking on my exercise lately and my eating could be better but things for the most part are going well. Keep up the good work everyone!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Brittnie S.
on 9/21/09 5:11 am - NV
Congrats on how everyone is doing. Yesterday was my 6months post op but I couldnt get in to see my surgeon until Oct. 6. Anyways I am down a total of 92lbs whi*****ludes my 34lbs pre-op so a total of 58lbs since surgery. I couldnt be happier! This has been the best decision I have ever made

Angela1920
on 9/28/09 4:27 am
I had my 6 month check up today, a little late, but I have lost 98 pounds, the doctor is saying 100 though. According to my calculations it's 98, but I'm not getting caught up in that.  Overall I am feeling great and I do not have any regrets.  I am wearing Large and XL tops and 14/16 pants.
It's A New Season

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 954 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views