MARCHERS! how many calories?

almondsoylatte
on 10/25/09 11:43 am - Oklahoma City, OK
how many calories do you eat in a day normally? or are you still just focusing on protein?

im able to eat things now and not get sick, more carbs and this scares the **** out of me.

ive started writing everything down again, and my nut has never given me a cal goal im suppose to be meeting.

im totally rockin the protein, ive never had a problem with that, im just concerned maybe 800 is too much?

anybody have any input?

<3 <3

thanks so much! 

But you don’t
Always
Have to hold your head
Higher than your heart
~jack johnson~

Melody L.
on 10/25/09 9:00 pm - Keizer, OR
I definitely would not think that 800 calories at 7 months out would be too much, in fact I would guess that you should be getting in more calories than that.  I'm not sure how many calories a day I eat, it varies day to day and I don't often sit down and write it all out to figure it out.  The nut wrote about 900 calories a day at my appointment as what she thinks I'm getting in, but I would say that some days I probably only get 800 to 900 calories, but other days I definitely have more than that, probably 1100 or 1200.  I however, have had my metabolism tested and my RMR is really quite slow, most people would probably still lose on even more than 1200 calories a day, many settle at around 1300 to 1400 a day eventually for weight loss and have to bump their calories up higher than that to maintain. 
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

almondsoylatte
on 10/26/09 10:15 am - Oklahoma City, OK
thanks so much! and you just actually made me remember that i have to reschedule my rmr! 2x thanks!! 
Nan2008
on 10/28/09 5:07 am - Midland, MI
OMG, I was just wondering this myself and was going to post something on the RNY board.  I've been at a stall now for 3 weeks!!  So I was thinking....maybe I'm eating too many calories......or maybe NOT ENOUGH calories :-)  It's so confusing sometimes keeping track of protien, vitamins, liquids, calories...ugh.  I started keeping track this week just to see exactly where I'm at. 

I get in about 80-120 grams of protein a day.  Fluids, not so good....40-70 oz at most!  I'm working on that because that may be the cause of my stall??  Calories, I average around 900 a day.  I would say anywhere between 700-1000 and I exercise 5 days a week. 

I don't think 800 calories a day is too much at all, if anything, I think itis too little! 

Hope others reply too because I have been wondering the same thing as you and will be curious to see how many calories others are eating!

Take care

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

almondsoylatte
on 10/28/09 2:25 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
hey girl :)

i posted this on the r n y board too and so far from the responses i got 1000 sounds about good.

i heard not getting enough liquid can cause you to retain water and causes stall or weight gain.

also i read recently you could work out TOO MUCH (imagine that!) it could also cause stall. they suggested amount is just 30 minutes a day of cardio. you dont want to over load your body.

yeah ive starting journaling everything myself lately too. i think when i dont write down what im putting in my mouth i can get careless. i have to remind myself sometimes what ive been thru the past  7 months, and why!

i cant believe i can forget sometimes that we've been thru this whole life changing journey, when its been so hard!

have a good one!
-am

But you don’t
Always
Have to hold your head
Higher than your heart
~jack johnson~

Nan2008
on 10/28/09 10:45 pm - Midland, MI

I know exactly what you are saying...this has been an awesome 7 months!!  I can't believe it was a year ago and I was just getting started on the process of having surgery...and now, I'm down 120 lbs! 

I looked at your profile and you look awesome!!  You have done a great job with your weight loss....keep up the good work!!  You must feel great!  I started at 300 lbs and am down to 181.  I'd like to get to 140-150 but I've been on this stall for 3 weeks now!!  It's ******g me off - LOL.  I'm going to increase my liquids and see how that goes.

Take care!

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

almondsoylatte
on 11/1/09 9:05 am - Oklahoma City, OK
thanks for the compliments!!! 

yeah my stalls been for about a week now again (i thought i was FINALLY over this stall business!)

anyways , good luck with increasing your fluids. the past few days (because of the time of month) ive been really bad with sugar!  i need to stop it no matter what time of the month it is.. lol

hope you had a good weekend!!
<3

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 954 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views