9 months out - Pics

Nan2008
on 11/30/09 11:31 am - Midland, MI

Hi Fellow Marcher's!  Can you believe we are 9 months out! I don't post often and havent been taking pictures since surgery but over Thanksgiving, we took some pictures. My before picture I am in the green & white stripped shirt.  These tother pictures were taken last week at 9 months out and down 135 lbs. 

I hope you all are doing well on your journey and would love to hear updates and see pictures!

Take care,
Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Bev Bucklin
on 11/30/09 9:15 pm - Battle Creek, MI
Wow...Nac..I can;t tell you how great you look...I am sure you are feeling so much better..I know I do,,Is great to have people notice us..We have come a long way baby..and I never ever want to go back to the way I was...I am heading for a cruise this weekend...my reward for losing 100 lbs...Keep up the great work and keep me posted..Happy Holidays to you and your family.
.Hugs Bev
Nan2008
on 11/30/09 9:28 pm - Midland, MI

Bev, I totall agree with you....we have come a long way baby!!!   Looking back, it has gone so fast.  I remember this time last year I was going through the approval process and worrying sick whether my surgery would be approved.  And look at us now!   I'm with you....I never want to go back to the way I was.  It feels so good to feel healthy!

Have a great time on your cruise!!!!  You deserve it! 

Take care,

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

jessie_rose24
on 12/4/09 7:55 am - Clarksville, TN
You look wonderful Nan and you have done really well. You and I had surgery on the same day and I am down 110 lbs as of this morning I still have about 45 more lbs. to reach my goal and I'm losing alot slower than those first 6 or so months lol! But I will get there! I really have no idea how to post pictures on this thing but when I figure it out I will get them up.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Nan2008
on 12/13/09 8:35 pm - Midland, MI
110 lbs is FANTASTIC!!  My weight loss has definitely slowed down too.  I am hoping to lose another 20 lbs (21.7 to be exact - lol) and I will hit my goal that I set for myself.  I didn't know how to post pictures either until someone suggest using photobucket.com.  so I tried that.  It's free to sign up and you can then upload your pictures from there.

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/09 1:46 pm
Its been a hell of a journey so far.  Just 1 year ago on Dec 9th I was 426lbs at my initial consult.  At my surgery date on March 5th I was 396lbs.  Today I am 241lbs.  I've been dropping a little slow lately but that is to be expected.  I am in a size 38 pants from a size 48, a size 1xl tshirt from a 3-4xl, a size 16 dress shirt from a 22, and a size 48 suit jacket from a 60.  I'm happy with that.  I still have a little bit of a gut with a slight overhang, a bit of extra skin, but so what.  I can buy clothes in a regular store now.  I shall never step foot in a big and tall store or ask sales clerks if they have something in bigger sizes.  Its a damn nice feeling being able to buy off the rack.  I live in the Tampa, FL area and there are plenty of beaches around here, I'm not embarassed in the slightest to walk around without a shirt on.  Its a nice feeling to not get that disgusted look from people when they meet me.  People do judge you when you are overweight and treat you differently.  Even when they don't say anything.  I am able to run 5 miles every night without a problem, can work out in the gym 7 nights a week for an hour and not be completely exhausted.  I'm in the best shape of my life and am only getting better every day.  This was the best decision I have ever made for my life, I only wish I could have had it done sooner.
Nan2008
on 12/13/09 8:40 pm - Midland, MI
Wow...congratulations on your weight loss!!  You have done great!  I can totally relate to what you wrote about people do judge you when you are overweight.  And I could agree more with the buying off the rack and going shopping in a normal sized store!  Last year I was too embarassed to go to a holiday party that is somewhat formal because I knew I'd have a hard time finding anything to wear and I'd feel embarassed about being so fat.  At this time last year, I was a size 24.  Last week I bought my dress for the annual holiday party and it is a size 8 !  I never could have accomplished that without surgery.  I too wish I would have done it sooner!

Keep up the good work!

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views