Onederland, the best Christmas gift to myself

Sneezy
on 12/21/09 12:15 am - Fayetteville, NC
I barely ever get in here anymore, but have been a slow loser from the start and had to share how happy I am this Christmas.  I weighed in a few days ago and had hit 199.8, as of this morning I am 197.4.  I love that I can go to see family members for Christmas knowing I am no longer in the 200's!
I know I have read others who weren't fond of how slow they were losing doing this, so I thought I would as well.  I have had many many stalls, had my protein intake up to 130 grams a day for a few months because my pre-albumin levels won't get up there where they want them, but it actually dropped a few tenths on the higher protein and it had me up to about 1200 calories a day so my weight was barely budging at all during that time.  Found out I had thyroid problems a few months after surgery, so now on synthroid.  It may have been a long hard road for the past 8.5 months, but it sure seems worth it when I see I have lost almost 100 pounds and when I am able to do things with my family all the time now.  Shoot, I even put on a dress I had made for a friends wedding back in the mid 90's and even put on a dress I wore in high school in 84 for show choir today...and they all fit!

Starting weight (Sept. of 08)-194.4
Pre-surgery weight (3/31/09)-169
Current weight-197.4
Clothing size-16/18 or XL/1X
No more high BP, no more depression meds, no more high cholesterol and the good cholesterol is almost into the normal level finally (it was at a 5 a couple of years ago).  Labs are all good except te good cholesterol still needing a tiny bit more and the pre-albumin being a tad low but at a level the surgeon can live with for now.

I love this new life!  Even if I am having fun trying to find some warm clothes to wear since I am always freezing and all of my long sleeved clothes are way too many sizes too big LOL
~Saprina~
Married 19 years to the love of my life, and now getting to enjoy that life with him so very much more!

meinnm
on 12/22/09 2:16 am
Congrats!  I posted a similar post yesterday. LOL!  I am also a "slow" loser, but I'm ok with that.  As long as the scale keeps going down, I'm happy.  Happy Happy Holidays! 

Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views