Anyone else feel like they are blowing it

Eliza M.
on 1/26/10 9:20 am - Santa Barbara, CA
I know that we have all learned that food is not going to fix our emotional needs. However, I am feeling myself starting to dip into this in snacking. I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who is feeling like they have fallen off the wagon...? Nothing ever bothered me, sugars or anything for that matter. I've only tried a couple of different "not so good choices" but sugars seem to plague me. I am still losing weight but I don't feel great. I should be more consistent w/ my vitamins but ... like I've mentioned... HELP. Anyone else going thru this?? What are some suggestions for getting back on track??
JenHoff143
on 1/30/10 1:37 pm
Eliza, I understand where you are coming from.  I am in the same position but I am working on getting back on track.  I'm going to be joining a gym and I'm working on getting back into a routine where I take my vitamins every day and write out everything I eat so I can see what I'm doing.  I do not have any problem with sugar unless I eat too much but I can eat three pieces of chocolate without having an issue.  I eat those three pieces too often for my liking.  I've been going through a lot of major changes in my life and slipped a little back into bad habits.  Thankfully, I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any more either.   Good luck to you.  You are not alone.

I lost 19 additional lbs on the pre-op diet.
Eliza M.
on 2/1/10 9:59 am - Santa Barbara, CA
Thank you for sharing!! I've done some positive things to boost a routine as well... the food diary is a helpful hint. I'm going to give it a try! Thank you... you have no idea how nice it is to know that I'm not alone :) Good luck to you too!
gemini73j
on 2/9/10 9:08 pm - Baraga, MI
I need to work on getting it all in, including the water.  I tend to eat too much.  Just because poor choices don't make me sick doesn't mean I should make them.  It's a struggle.  I keep gaining and losing so I am basically the same as I was 2 months ago!  It's frustrating.  I know what to do but find I am not doing it.  You are not alone.

Jimi

Eliza M.
on 2/16/10 7:52 am - Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks for sharing Jimi... I took the advice that someone else left and it seems to be working. I joined the YMCA and I work out 3-4 times a week. It's helping me to be more diligent about what I eat. Being around people who care about every calorie and who are health minded seems to rub off on me. Plus working out is not easy and the heavier I feel the less I do. It's a start... LOL Keep me posted ;)
lorielowrider
on 2/16/10 11:20 am - Huntington Beach, CA
Old habits are sure hard to break.  I sure can relate to your concerns. I keep weighing myself so that I don't gain, but I haven't lost either in a while.  I'm concerned that I can and will eat too much, that I've stretched my pouch.
I am beginning to stress out about falling back into my old emotional eating habits and putting all my weight back on.  It really scares me.  I don't want to be that person again.
I also need motivation.  I don't have anyone to work out with, to walk with, to talk with that's been through this and understands.
I know all I should be doing...............why is it so hard to just clamp down and get serious and do things right?
...........................should I lay down and continue?  LOL
Lorie

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/10 11:46 am
 I know where you are coming from.  I have a picture of my old self on my surgery day hanging up inside a locked cabinet at my desk.  Anytime I need a reminder of what not to eat I look at it.  I have been stuck at 230 for about a month.  Still need to get those 5 more pounds gone before March 5th.  Its all about will power.  I will never let myself get above 250 ever again, no matter what.  It would be nice if I didn't have this extra skin on my stomach, I could do without that, who knows maybe someday a tummy tuck will be affordable.  It sure is nice being able to buy 1xl shirts and size 36 pants though.
davemdg
on 4/26/10 3:46 am
HI DANIEL: Nice to see there are a few other 'guys' who've had the sleeve. Ironically, my sleeve was also done in March of 2009. My HW was 417 and today I've at 256 though I've been holding in the 250's for a couple of months now. I'm only eating 800-1000 calories daily but a few low-carb beers and martinis are probably not helping LOL.

I'm older than you (I'm 56) but apparently our journeys were quite similar. Health-wise everything is great except for some recent nausea & weakness spells which I'm told is probably my Gall bladder. Anywho, congrats on all your good work and your new life! Drop me a line if you'd like ([email protected]) to compare notes.

s/ Dave from Louisiana's Cajun Country

[Dear Lord: Please DELIVER ME from the humorless people of the world!] 

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 3:56 am
I actualy did not have the sleave.  I had RNY, it worked really great for me.  I keep my calorie intake around 800-1000.  I probably should increase it, but I am happy with the weight loss I have had, and I want to keep it up. 
Chelea Holdt
on 3/4/10 6:31 am - Portland, OR

It is and always will be a struggle.  I have been wearing a pedometer for a year and in the last couple of months have really quit paying attention to it and the results I download on my computer.  I joined a gym back in October, not thinking I would enjoy it as I was doing all my walking out in the community prior to that, but I love going to the gym now.  I am considering purchasing the BodyBugg to track my calories burned instead of just my steps.  I need a new motivation.  I feel stuck, though I have been very successful.  I just started tracking my food on livestrong.com and I am surprised how much it has made me aware of what I am eating.  Good luck with the changes you have already implemented.  It is worth the effort!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1066 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views