first time on here, just got my date! mar 31!

lalbaugh
on 3/2/10 1:22 pm - Indianapolis, IN
hello, im so excited i just got my date today! march 31, so excited to get on with a healthy way of life!  my sister just had the surgery on dec 15 she ha**** the 100 mark! so proud of her.  I see how hard it has been on her, she has gotten pretty sick a couple of times.  im open to any ideas, tips and secrets on how to make it easier.  thanks  Lori
Wendy R.
on 3/4/10 10:57 am - Divide, CO
My surgery is Monday, the 8th, but I will tell you that I am going to follow the rules!!!  I don't want to be sick and my NUT (nutritionist) told me that the very second you feel ANYTHING in your stomach, S.T.O.P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She said that the folks who were the sickest were waiting for that stuffed feeling.  That is WAY too late and all that food has no where to go but back up. 

Good luck!!!

*hugs

~W
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength!  

lalbaugh
on 3/8/10 12:40 pm - Indianapolis, IN
how did it go?  how are you feeling?
Wendy R.
on 3/12/10 2:17 am - Divide, CO
whoosh!!  That is a lot of stuff to go through.  Don't be surprised if you cry some.  I came out pretty weepy.  :)  That's just me, though!  lol.  I feel much better today.  Gonna walk outside. I think.  :)

lalbaugh
on 3/14/10 8:04 am - Indianapolis, IN
my sister said the same thing.. she'd call and say don't do it its not worth it, then she calls a couple of days later and says its totally worth it.  lol, are you in a lot of pain?
slecza
on 3/9/10 9:42 am
 Hi Lori! 

I'm having my surgery on the 31st, too!  Good luck with everything!

Sheryl
lalbaugh
on 3/14/10 8:05 am - Indianapolis, IN
yay!  good luck
laura_vermont
on 3/9/10 10:37 am
My surgery is 3/31 and I got my date today too!  It's so exciting.  My sister had a ds this summer - and she's had lots of issues - but she's not compliant.  I'm having a lap. RNY, so my issues will be different - and I plan on following the rules too.

Congrats!
Laura
lalbaugh
on 3/14/10 8:03 am - Indianapolis, IN
i plan on following to but i think everyone says that.  lol, im getting more nervous as it gets closer!
Wendy R.
on 3/19/10 2:30 pm - Divide, CO
I have gotten so far behind in my e-mail, I don't know which end is up.  I have ZERO pain!!  I have had 3 other surgeries with abdominal incisions and this was so much easier!!  I think I was the most nervous when I was in the pre-op room.  I told my nurse he'd better give me that relaxation drug or I was gonna bolt.  I has AMAZED me how little I want food.  There is a product called "better than bullion" that is now my BEST friend.  It tastes soo good and feels like I am having a yummy cuppa soup.  It counts as liquid and I am so happy I found it.  The chicken one is my favorite.  The beef is ok.  Good luck, you guys!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Searching for Obesity Doctors
programcop · 0 replies · 742 views
How's everyone doing?
Justine L. · 5 replies · 994 views
Leg Pain
Danielle M. · 6 replies · 856 views
Struggling
swisspal · 4 replies · 1152 views