Results of 3 week post op

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 3:55 am - La Crosse, WI

I met with the RD, PA and Surgeon today for my 3 week post op.

My wonderful RD said it's time to start with small portions of fruits and veggies after the protein of course. She said it might be only 3-4 grapes or a small piece of lettuce with tuna but that is fine I miss my veggies!

She also said I should be getting some carbs with my protein. I have been making getting my protien supplement from non-flavored unjury in 16 oz of crystal light. I haven't found a protein shake recipe that really appeals to me yet but I am sill looking. Anyone have a good reciepe to use with vanilla protein.. ?

PA and surgeon and happy with my loss so far and so am I. 20 pounds and counting! They said most people lose between 10-30 the first three weeks. I am having frequent headaches and they ran some blood tests to see if my blood sugar could be the problem. I was NOT diabetic before surgery but did need to get insulin after surgery while I was in the hospital.

My 20 pounds has not been without effort I am walking 45 minutes every day and it feels great!

How is everyone else doing??

katr1nka
on 3/25/10 10:26 am - Huntsville, AL
Congrats on your 20lb loss, I'm almost at 3 weeks myself and I've lost 18lbs myself (hopefully 20 when I reach week 3).  I'm already eating pureed foods, well, trying, the consistency of the food is really turning me off, so far the only things I've been able to eat more than once are cottage cheese and ricotta cheese.  The only thing I've been able to do with vanilla protein powder is mix it with milk and a banana, it tastes okay.  I just ordered a whole bunch of samples of protein powder from vitalady.com though because I'm getting sick of the vanilla protein powder.
i3abydoll
on 3/26/10 9:19 am - Newark, DE
You're doing great so far! I am 11 days out, and getting tired of the liquid phase. I was given the ok to start pureed on Monday. I've been partial to the chocolate Unjury powder. I've tried it with a few different things. I'll use 8 oz of milk, half a banana and a full scoop of powder. Thats 28g protein right there. I've also discovered this drink called Isopure that has 40g of protein in one bottle. Granted it is a little sizable, about the size of a Sobe drink, but totally worth it if you are tired of the Unjury mixes. I suggest trying the grape flavor. They stock it by the case and sell more than any other flavor at my drs office. I tried the fruit punch one too, but it's not as good as grape.

I've heard that vanilla goes good with milk, but haven't tried it yet. I bought unflavored Unjury yesterday, and am anxious to try it. I'll have to make some Crystal Light and try it like that.

Sugery Date 03/15/10 ~ Lap Band by Dr. Peters
www.facebook.com/KelleyN               Add me :) 
Aim/AOL: Juliet8453 Yahoo:Babydoll5634

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/10 3:34 am - La Crosse, WI

I like unjury too, I think it mixes well. I will have to look into the Isopure do you happen to know how much sugar if any there is in that?

I think you will like the unflavored Unjury in Crystal Light, it's refereshing. I like the natural lemonade.

mommaof4yoopers
on 4/8/10 11:54 am
On March 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM Pacific Time, Maggie S. wrote:

I like unjury too, I think it mixes well. I will have to look into the Isopure do you happen to know how much sugar if any there is in that?

I think you will like the unflavored Unjury in Crystal Light, it's refereshing. I like the natural lemonade.

the Isopure Zero Carb is at GNC.  There is 0 sugar/carbs.  I've seen it in four flavors and it's 20 oz.  Isopure also has a powder mix but I've not tried it.  Many people I've spoken with mix it with Crystal Light.
Melisa
High Weight 241 Surgery Date 3/16/10 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Searching for Obesity Doctors
programcop · 0 replies · 744 views
How's everyone doing?
Justine L. · 5 replies · 995 views
Leg Pain
Danielle M. · 6 replies · 856 views
Struggling
swisspal · 4 replies · 1152 views