March 16!!

amersbee
on 2/23/11 8:52 am
Yay...I can't wait but the reality i****ting me hard. I am soooo nervous. Anyone else out there in Oregon having surgery in March??
 ~Amy~    
Sylvia1976
on 3/7/11 9:18 pm - Rockland, Canada
 Hi there, I'm not from the States, but I am having surgery the same say as you... maybe we can keep track of each other during the process.... Sylvia
2xalady
on 3/20/11 4:56 am - NY
Hi,

My surgery date was the same as yours.  How are you feeling?  What is your starting weight and what is your goal weight?  My starting weight is 267 and my goal weight is 167.  How are you feeling today?  The first couple of days were painful for me but the 3rd day was good and I was able to walk around the mall.  Today was not such a good day with the dizziness and nausea...
I am not sure if I am supposed to weigh myself but i did and it seemed like I was gaining weight instead of losing and I have been following the diet exactly. Perhaps its the swelling or that I am constipated that is causing the weight gain or impeding any weight loss.  Any suggestions or advice?
trish419
on 3/27/11 11:53 pm
Hi,

My surgery date was the 15 of March. The first couple of weeks were rough with nausea, but I think I have the hang of things know sort of. lol

I was swollen when I first got out too, but after a week it went down and so did the numbers on the scale.

I have lost 16 lbs since surgery, but at a stand still now. How about you?

Nancy M.
on 3/21/11 7:43 am
My "sleeve" surgery was March 17th in Southern California.  I was sent home the following evening.  I'm trying to find a menu plan for the first days post surgery but can only find menu plans for 3 weeks out.  I wasn't sent home with any guidelines or instructions other than clear liquids for first few days.  I'm already sick of the Isopure protein drink.  : (     Does anyone know what the menu plan is for the days after surgery until I have my first post operative appt with surgeon in April?
trish419
on 3/27/11 11:49 pm
my cousin had the sleeve and she was liquids two weeks (anything blended) cambell soups were good blended.

Nancy M.
on 3/28/11 2:19 am
Thank You Trish.  I finally ended up email my surgeon and he sent me the list and you are right.  Liquids but also i can have cream of wheat or cream soups or cottage cheese, jello, pudding, yogurt.  Thanks for the help!  : )   It's trying to get in 60 grams of protein that is killing me.  : (
trish419
on 3/29/11 3:55 am
Oh, I understand.... I am having a very hard time with the protein drinks also. I try to eat as much protein as possible, but it is no where near what I need.

They say the protein helps in the weight loss area also.... I havent had enough so I think that is why I have not lost any more weight... but it is so hard....

Most Active
Recent Topics
first fill
4everhealthy · 0 replies · 781 views
Anxious!
chicachicabangbang · 0 replies · 930 views
surgery on 3/30/11
vinniesmom · 4 replies · 912 views