Sooo...what are you doing to prepare?

pullenlb
on 3/4/11 9:39 am
In terms of having what you need when you come home from the hospital? I am super excited about surgery, but nervous about the protein shakes. I have never had one, but tried slim fast years ago. I am imagining it tasting something like that....grainy...Anyways, just wondering what everyone is doing to prepare.
Lori  
RNY ~ 3/31/11

Leslie B.
on 3/7/11 6:13 am - MO
This is so funny, I have to share.  I have a whole cabinet full of stuff for my surgery.  My kids call it the mommy cabinet.  Very cool.. I bought stuff from an online bariatric store.  I have 3 large containers of isopure low carb protein powder. (vanilla, chocolate and unflavored)  Each serving is 50g of protein.  I also bought things like jello, applesauce, pudding-no sugar added.  Alot of people have said how good the greek yogurt is so I tried a couple different brands and I found one I like.  It has 11g of protein. I also have other things from the bariatric store online- (all include at least 12-15g of protein)  juice, oatmeal, pudding, soup, hot chocolate.  I bought muscle milk(low carb) in strawberry and chocolate-these are the to-go bottles.  I think I am covered for at least 2-3 months as I graduate into different stages.  I have done alot of research on prices and flavor.  I have heard that your taste changes a little after surgery.  A very close friend and I are two weeks apart on surgery dates, so if I dont like something and neither does she we can switch.  I did hear that the unflavored isopure does not taste grainy so you can just put it in water to get your protein for the day.  Also another thing I have in my cabinet is the generic brand of crystal light singles(different flavors) That way if I want to just put that in a bottle of water with some of the unflavored protein, I can.  I hope this helps.
     One more thing, I found online a list of things for the hospital.  On this list Two things that I will make sure I bring is Gas-x strips and chapstick.  They say the Gas-x strips help with the gas feeling after surgery that you have from the air they incert laproscopic.  Good luck!  I am going in on St. Patty's Day!  God Bless, Leslie

"I am so happy with my new life, would not change it for anything!"
Most Active
Recent Topics
first fill
4everhealthy · 0 replies · 781 views
Anxious!
chicachicabangbang · 0 replies · 929 views
surgery on 3/30/11
vinniesmom · 4 replies · 912 views