Pre Op Lab Band....All helpful hints welcome!!

blondebomb46
on 3/4/11 3:01 pm - CA
Hello All of you Brave Souls,

I have started my journey towards a healthier me.  Had my Nutritional & Psych. eval today.  (not totallly nutty)  Got EKG & lab work scheduled.  Getting really excited, yet apprenhensive, as the realization that this is a TOTAL life change, not just a diet.

Bought some Greek yogurt, Crystal Light at grocery store tonite and plan to go to Trader Joe's Sunday to check out the protein drinks etc.  Gotta try them all to see what I'll like. 

Planning my exercise, started parking further from my destination, talking to friends about going back to aquasize class in warm water pool & even looking at what type of bike I want to buy.  This time I am really READY!!

No surgery date yet, but hoping to have surgery in March 2011!!!  

Any helpful hints welcome!

Thank you,
Terri
Nolitar82
on 3/26/11 10:17 am - Bronx, NY
Good Luck. I was banded ysterday. I was unprepared for the pain right after, but with some strong painkillers I am feeling alot better.
blondebomb46
on 3/29/11 4:30 pm - CA
Hi Dom,

Congrats on your surgery.  I am being banded on April 6th now.  I am really nervous too. My MD says to take Tylenol and Advis alternately for pain.  I am used to taking Vicodin for pain, so not sure that Tylenol will touch me.  LOL

How are you feeling now? 

Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
first fill
4everhealthy · 0 replies · 774 views
Anxious!
chicachicabangbang · 0 replies · 922 views
surgery on 3/30/11
vinniesmom · 4 replies · 906 views