Pouch Issues 6 yrs Post-Op - Help!

Diananana
on 3/31/08 5:36 am - Coram, NY
I have been so fortunate 6 yrs post op to have kept off all the weight lost. Up until a few months ago, I could still only eat maybe 1/2 sandwich or maybe 1/2 of a small plate of food and still felt the fullness in the pouch and everything was fine. Nothing had changed, didn't get sick, nothing out of the ordinary happened healthwise. Then one day a couple of months ago when I went to go eat a meal, I suddenly became aware that I had just eaten a whole sandwich with NO feeling of fullness in the pouch and it's been like that ever since. I can eat a whole plate of food and I purposely stop myself or I can eat, eat, and eat more. I am at a loss as to WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??? The restriction of the pouch has been what has kept my weight maintained all these years. Have any long-term post-ops ever had this same situation happen? I have already gained 10 pounds. Help! Diana
White Dove
on 5/17/19 5:51 am - Warren, OH

I will be 12 years in October and can eat as much as I want of anything. That is why people gain their weight back.

The only way I control now is by dieting.'

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lindajenkins
on 12/14/08 5:05 pm - Tulsa, OK
Wow Diana I would contact my surgeons office as soon as possible - some days I can eat more than other days but a whole regular sandwich this far post op would be normal as long as that's all you're eating and not the chips and coke that we used to eat pre-surgery.  I'd keep an eye on it until I spoke with him and then follow through - update me on the results though as I had the RNY and I hope it won't happen to me in the future. 

Thanks
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
18 years out.
lindajenkins · 0 replies · 132 views
10 years today...Wow
Tanya A. · 0 replies · 752 views
low sodium
cdiss · 0 replies · 800 views
light headed & concerned
lindajenkins · 2 replies · 883 views