Yesterday was 2 Years

Dana G.
on 4/8/04 10:54 pm - Cudahy, WI
Yesterday was my 2 yr anniversary. I have had many ups and downs, but no regrets. I have developed bulimia, but I am dealing with that on a very personal level, and blame my post op care for this. However, I am happy otherwise. My biggest fear, gaining the weight back. It is constantly on my mind and I even have nightmares. 221 pounds lost tho, wow. I still see myself as fat, but I'm not. I am going to start looking into plastic surgery for the sag, any suggestions?!
Cathy S.
on 4/27/05 4:55 am - Parkland, FL
Dear Dana: My name is Cathy Stevens, I understand your concern and nightmares about gaining the weight I just had my three year anniversary and I still get on the scale to make sure that I am not gaining any weight back. I lost 135 pounds went from a size 28 to a size two. My best advice to you is find a good plastic surgeon. One that can do it all. My doctor did a lower body lift on me that I still don't believe. But find a surgeon that can do a lower body lift, this is very important. It is much more than a tummy tuck. My surgeon did a complete facial reconstruction, lower body lift, breast lift with implants and under arm skin removal. He is fantasic and I swear by him. I am 49 years old, prior to surgery I looked 70 and I now look like I am in my late 30's early forty's. I wear a bikini and my self image has improved 100 fold since my plastic surgery. What the gastric bypass doctors don't tell you is that you will lose the weight but your body image in your minds eye will not change and in most cases gets worse because of all the skin. People say you don't look well, some people thought I was dying. But after I had my plastic surgery everything change for me I got my self image back. Now there is no way I am ever going back to being fat. If you have any questions you can always e-mail me at [email protected]. By the way my doctor was Dr. Jason Pozner of Boca Raton, Florida. Cathy Stevens
Most Active
Recent Topics
18 years out.
lindajenkins · 0 replies · 134 views
10 years today...Wow
Tanya A. · 0 replies · 754 views
low sodium
cdiss · 0 replies · 802 views
light headed & concerned
lindajenkins · 2 replies · 884 views