18 months out... approved for plastic surgery!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/04 12:24 am - Glen Burnie, MD
18 months post op & I have a new life, love, body & self esteem! Having the surgery was one of the very best things that I have ever done for myself! I would, still, do it again, tomorrow!!!! No regrets, what so ever! I can hardly express how wonderful my life is, now, compared to 18 months ago! After meeting more then my share of the wrong men, The Lord has given me a precious gift of love & happiness. That gift is named Rick. He would have loved me when I was 100 lbs heavier. (Unlike most men!) He tells me that he loves, cherishes & adores me!!!!!! I know that alot of people will be shocked to hear my news. We have only been dating for 5 weeks...... However, we have everything in common & we are madly in love...... Our faith is strong & we are listening to God! He is telling us to take this relationship 'all the way!' Rick & I picked out my engagement ring this weekend. It is gorgeous! Almost 2.5 carats!!!!!!!!!! I actually picked out my own diamond. They had 4 of them shipped in for me. Then I selected my engagement/ wedding ring setting & now they are creating my ring for me. Wait till you see it!!!!!!!!! We also picked out Rick's wedding band. It is beautiful, too. I am in Heaven. Rick asked my Dad for his permission to marry me, last night!!!! My Dad is so happy for us!!!!! They are, now, calling each other Dad & Son!!!!! I am so happy.... God has really blessed me!!!!!! Rick & I sat 3 of our children down & told them about our engagement. Rick is going to talk to his oldest son today. The kids are pretty excited about it. Although, Cat says that the kids think that we are going 'too fast!!' HMMM.... I can see where people would think that. Yet, we both KNOW that God is at the center of our relationship & is giving us His blessings! On another note, I have been turned down for my breast reduction! Can you believe it? Apparently, DDD is not big enough!!! Aetna says that I must have 915 grams removed from each breast! Am I crazy, or is that almost 2 lbs per breast? I am considering an appeal. They did, however, approve me for a panny. Rick & I have decided that I should go ahead with the full abdominoplasty. Because, we believe that the muscle tightening will help with my back pain. I hope that the scarring won't be very bad. Also, I pray that the pain will be tolerable. That will cost out of pocket almost $4000.00. Rick doesn't want me to have any plastic surgery. He is content with me just the way that I am. I, on the other hand, really want my back to stop hurting. For this reason, Rick totally supports my decision to have surgery. I had originally wanted to have 3 areas liposuctioned, as well. The abdominoplasty with 3 lipos would have cost over $10,000. For some reason the lipo scares Rick & Catherine. So, I have decided to put that on hold for now. The surgeon's office is trying to schedule me for the Fri. or Mon. after Thanksgiving. I am considering waiting until the beginning of Jan., when my business is slower..... Another big decision. I want to have it done ASAP, so that I can heal & we can plan our wedding/ honeymoon/ future! But, business wise, I would be smart to wait until Jan. Any suggestions on that one? We were in a car accident, yesterday. It was not Rick's fault. The teenage boy failed to stop, pulled out right in front of us & Rick drove right into the side of the boy's grandmother's car. Rick handled his self with such a calmness. I learned alot about his personality from that & I was very impressed with him. I, on the other hand, called the police, got his tag #, Vin #, driver's license #& ins. info. Together, we handled it very well.. I had my digital camera, so I even got pics of the intersection & vehicles. Just another thing to deal with.... Well, I have gotten very long winded here.... So, I will end this for now. May God continue to shine His bright, white light of love down on us! Peace out! Don't give up. Have faith. Life is GOOD...... PS, I have a new picture on my profile!!!! Lovin' life, Karen
Barbara S.
on 10/16/04 5:14 am - Freeman, MO
KAREN! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I miss our emails but life is so busy for us now. I wish you all the happiness in the world. You deserve it! Hugs; Barbara in Missouri
ticker M.
on 11/11/04 9:38 pm - juneau, ak
Congrats on everything Karen. That is really neat that you have had all of these changes and with your reconstructive surgery, I think you'll be very happy. I haven't even started looking into it yet although I would like to one day. I need to get some things paid off and we just had to buy a new truck, I'm back in college and working and kids and blablabla.. it will probably be down the road some. Your beautiful. Thats for sure.. Good luck with everything... Miki
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1103 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 834 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1031 views