Plastice Surgery Appeal

Stephanie Iannuzzi
on 11/26/04 6:40 pm - Lynchburg, VA
I need help writing a letter to my insurance company for my breast reduction. I don't know where to begin. I have had rashes in the past and back pain. They are saying it is cosmetic. Any suggestions please let me know
wealthgvr
on 12/6/04 4:59 am - Edmond, OK
Stephanie, I have written several PS request and appeal letters for local support group members as well as for myself. I was approved for an abdominoplasti and Medial thigh lift on the first attempt, but others have not been so lucky. I will be happy to write a sample letter for you and your doctors, but first you will need to supply me with all of your information. (PCP name, Surgeon Name, Date of WLS, Type of WLS, Beginning and current weight, Problems since WLS that show medical necessity and have they been documented, if so with which Dr.?, Is breast reduction the only type of PS that you are requesting? Have you had other PS done in the past?, which PS are you wishing to use?) Hugs from Okie Land, Sherry Open RNY 4/23/03 - 276 ABP & TL 10/06/04 - 176 Today 164 (1 pound under goal and in size 8/10)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1103 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 834 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1031 views