2 Yrs out and holding

Chrisy D.
on 6/24/05 6:43 am - Louisville, ky
I am a little over two years out and down 120 lbs. I have had a really bad time with hernias. Two surgeries. The last one was really serious. My intestines had grown around the mesh form the last one. it took 3 hrs to redo and fix three new hernias. I am back to work and feel great. Even with the hernias I would redo this in a heartbeat. I can walk, run, chace my grandkids, garden shop and shop more in the regular sizes. I wear a 12 pants and 14 top ( I went form a 22-24 and 3X top Old gray haired lady to a blonde size 14 chick. Ha I plan to retire in january and work part time in a womens shelter. My life is so different now. I am sooooo much more healthy. I am still diabetic and have frequent lows but take no meds no shots (Used to take 4 a day) My sugar runs 5.3-5.6 A1c My sleep apnea machine went out the door as well as cholesteral med, asthma inhales and Therapy for feet and arthritis. I do not know why the insurance companies fight this so much They have saved money on me and my medicines since the surgery. Goood luck to those holding for surgery Hang in there life is really good after WLS Chrisy
kiera
on 7/20/05 11:29 pm - Brussels, Belgium
Chrisy, You are doing great! I am not down as far as I would like to be but there have been lots of "cir****tances" for me of late. But I have decided to turn it around and have put myself firmly back on the band-wagon and am starting to lose again. I always love to see success stories like yours - it reminds me of what a great tool the band is! Kiera Starting over 15 July @ 265 / 261 short term goal 220 - would like to see 165 eventually.
wildbrat
on 11/8/05 7:36 pm - sedalia, KY
Chrisy Hello and congrats on the great work. I kow how you feel with the hernias I have one and done had it repaired about a yr ago I thin. It has come lose and I got to have it epaired again Dr is not sure its gonna hold again or nt cause its so high up and not much to attache it to. I guess this time I'm jut gonnahaft to e extra carefull with it and ot lft any thing heavy at all or rearange my living room or bedroom.I' 31 mts out and have lost 130 pds but last mth I have gained some but I'm having a bad round with my carpal tunnel and do not feel like doing lots cause missing out on so much sleep with it. Take Care Huggs Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1101 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 834 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1029 views