Happy Surgiversary Aprilians!

EveningStar
on 4/1/07 5:38 am - AL
Come on out and let us know how your doing! How has your journey been so far? What has been the best change for you, over the last two years! Share your favorite recipe or give us a tip or hint you have found helpful! I post here often so Im pretty sure I am up to date with everyone on my progress. I will update after my two year surgeon's visit, on Friday the 13th!
Armilda
on 4/1/07 5:55 am - Jeffersonville, IN
Hello Evening Star My Name is Armilda and I had my surgery on April the 11th of 2005 two days before yours and I've done great with mine in the last 2 years.I wish I had of done it sooner.I can now play with my children and things I couldn't do before.In October of last year my husband got dianosed with lukemia and if I had still been as big as I was I don't know what I would have done.I wouldn't have been able to have taken care of him if it wasn't for the surgery.I have lost a total of 140 pounds altogether now and I feel and look great.Well thats my opinion on the looking great lol
EveningStar
on 4/1/07 1:58 pm - AL
Hi Armilda! My name is Sandy. Nice to meet you! Im so sorry your husband has been so sick, how is he doing now? Im with you, I WISH I would have had this done YEARS ago and not at the age of 46. But at the age of 48, life for me anyway, is just starting! I can play with my grandsons with ease, take them to the fairs and carnivals and even fit into the kiddie rides! WOO HOO! We are all going to Disney this summer, and I cant wait! 140 pounds is AWESOME! Pat yourself on the back! You deserve it. Hope your husband is better, I will keep you and your family in my prayers! Hugs, Sandy
LauraMc
on 4/3/07 3:33 pm - Jefferson, LA
It's after midnight and I just realized today is my 2 year anniversary from my conversion from Lap Band to Roux-en-Y. I've lost 92# in the past 5 years between the two surgeries. I'm much healthier than I was but still working on losing 50 more. Has anyone had complications this far out that you know of? I'm suddenly having problems with stomach cramping to the point that I can't eat lunch or exercise with my heart rate above 100. I went to a GI doc the other day and he is going to scope me on the 18th to be sure it isn't ischemia (lack of bloodflow) at the anastomosis site. At first, I thought it was just stress because it was only bothering me at work but now it's starting to feel like when I had the band and my esophagus dilated. I googled it is fairly common to have problems with ischemia 2 years after surgery which I don't remember ever reading before. Anyone know anyone who had it and what they did for it?
EveningStar
on 4/3/07 4:23 pm - AL
Hi Laura Today 4/4/07 is my 2 year anniversary too! Congratulations on your progress! I must say, I know your journey has not been easy with 2 major WLS's in the past 5 years. You have done GREAT! I have not had any complications, whatsoever to date. I am staying positive, I will have none but you never know. I can only suggest you will probably get more advise on this subject if you post this on the main board. Not many people find their way back here, but I am hopeful many will. From time to time, my pouch burns. Feels like when I used to have GERD. I take 150mg of Zantac and it stops it. I dont know if I may have an ulcer or what it could be but so far it is only sporadic at best, and not an everyday thing, if it worsens or happens daily I will call my surgeon. Let us know what you find out and post this on the main board too. Tooter or Amy may know more about this subject. ES
ng
on 9/20/08 6:45 pm - Southwest, LA
hey girl, i been missing ya! how are you.

i had not weight in a long time, but did right before i had a LBL, well the body did not like losing the 4 lbs the ps took off.............. it went beserk and added at least 15lbs, all the weight i had lost just prior to the surgery and what ps took off.   now i feel FAT similar to a sausage...........LOL.

gonna have to go back to protein drinks and low carb yogurt................  that catches you up to me.  so tell me all about you.

hugs,
ng 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 614 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 835 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 721 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 694 views