Need some help and encouragement post pregnancy

rachesqny
on 4/7/07 6:12 am - Eatontown, NJ
Well I just had my two year visit and I weigh the same as I did when I had my initial consultation. I had a beautiful healthy baby boy two months ago and gained all my 65 pound first year lose back when pregnant. I got a fill yesterday (maybe too much because I am having trouble with liquids today) and I think that should help me. I am just feeling a little down about the weight gain. I loved being pregnant and am so happy that my baby is healthy and I had no complications so I have no regrets. I just hate that the scale last year was close to 200 and now it reads 273. I used to exercise a lot, but it is hard with a three month old who needs constant attention. Any thoughts or encouragement is greatly appreciated. My goal to to be back where I was by September! I think I can do it!
EveningStar
on 4/12/07 7:45 am - AL
CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!! pregnancy weight is by far, the hardest to loose. I never lost mine, after my second child, 25 years ago, until I had my RNY. Your young and you can do this!!! One of the things I feel I didnt is because my metabolism changed drastically after my 2nd child and my thyroid has never worked well since. My pcp refused to put me on thyroid supplements (which would have helped me loose weight). His reasoning was I was a "normal low", still if I had been on some medication it might have helped. Now that Ive aged, my thyroid is even slower than it was back then and I am now on thyroid medication, which has helped alot. Increase your protein to at least 100 gm a day. This is how much I have had to do daily since my RNY. The denser protein does fill you up quicker and helps you stay full, lots of water and put that baby in a stroller and start going for walks everyday! Go back to post op basics, and it will help. I still drag out my post op instructions from time to time and go back to the basics for a boost. Make sure you get in your vitamins and B12. B12 is what gives you your energy! If I feel tired and exhausted I do my sublingual B12 everyday until I perk up. So far, even at 2 years post op, my B12 level has remained high. Look into a gym like the "Y" or maybe a local park and recreation board has one near you. Most have memberships available that are reasonable ( $100.00 a year for family package here) and most have child care while you work out. I would look into a portable play pen I could pack up and stick in the stroller and just take the baby with me to class. I was particular about leaving my child and never did leave mine in a day care so I really cant suggest that to you. Invest in some "Sweating To The Oldies" tapes. I lost 75 pounds one time, sweating with Richard! It was fun, a good work out and one I could do when my babies were napping. In fact, I think I will dig out my sweatin tapes and get back on those myself. Best of luck and let us know how your doing!
EveningStar
on 4/20/07 3:36 pm - AL
Hi Rachael, Just checking to see how you are doing. hang in there, the tool is still working, it just takes time and lots of patience. ES
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 613 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 835 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 720 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 694 views