back to liquid post op diet??

janine b
on 4/9/07 1:57 am - Pooler, GA
has anyone almost two years out gone back and done the post op diet? i have been at the same weight for quite a while and was wondering if anyone has tried it to kick the weightloss started again?? i was considering doing the protein shakes for breakfast with either a slimfast or yogurt for lunch and maybe a soup or another shake for dinner.. anyone out there tried it? sometimes i feel like i am eating more and grazing at nite,, i havent gained anything back but i am still about 15 pounds from my goal,,,
KRWaters
on 4/9/07 3:36 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Janine, I have been gaining weight back for 5 months, almost 30 pounds now. I have not been perfect, but the weight doesn't seem to stop adding up. I was 40 pounds from goal. I stopped losing at 8 months out. I have tried several things, like cutting off meat with all the fat, cutting out carbs, keeping track of calories and carbs. I know I am not rigid enough. Maybe try the plateau buster diet. Eat only protein and drink your water, nothing else for 2 weeks. They say that helps. I think I will try that, just so hard not to put anything else in your mouth, ya know? Post back how it works for you. Karen
EveningStar
on 4/12/07 7:49 am - AL
How to break a plateau #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau. #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day. #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day. #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day. beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened Peanut butter Beans/legumes you may also have: sugar free Popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free Jell-o sugar free Kool-aid broths/boullion Crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! I go back to basics. Right now I am doing protein shakes, 5x a day! I LOVE the Matrix Cookies & Cream, does not taste like a protein drink at all. It makes me want to drink more water so it has helped in keeping me full, so I dont graze, and helped with the water. In 2 years, Ive never experienced a gain, so far. If Im not loosing I do go back to basics and it has helped me to have a steady loss. Give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.
janine b
on 4/12/07 11:24 pm - Pooler, GA
for the 3oz of protein five times a day,, can you do more than that less often? like say five oz three times a day? just want to make sure that if it isnt exactly three oz i am not messing up ,, thanks a bunch,, i am gonna give it a try
EveningStar
on 4/13/07 1:37 am - AL
I dont know but it couldnt hurt to try it that way. After 10 days if you havent seen the scale move, then you know you need to go by this, as it is written. I do know of people who have lost as much as 10 pounds by the end of thier 10th day on this. I personally have not tried it for myself but Im interested in seeing how it works for you.
janine b
on 4/13/07 1:49 am - Pooler, GA
i started as a lightweight so i had about 90-105 lbs to lose so needless to say the weightloss was slow going,, i have lost about 82 lbs so far,, but i would really like to lose the other ten if possible,, i am going to figure out a meal plan over the weekend,, if i have stuff pre-prepared it is much easier for me,, but i will let you know how it goes,, thanks a bunch !!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 614 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 835 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 721 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 694 views