Stuck and feeling like a failure

Maureen F.
on 5/2/07 10:30 pm - Panama, Republic of Panama
I had RNY in April 2005, lost 100lbs in 7 months and then stopped, have not lost anymore. I live in the Republic of Panama and have no support so I come here and read and you all help me so much, thank you. So I thought I would ask for help. How can I start losing again? We only have GNC stores here, can you recommend a protein from them? I have no idea about protein drinks or bars, what is good or not. I was in Philly last week and stood in front of the protein stuff in Target and bought nothing because I did not know what to buy. I felt very confused. I take a One a Day vitamin every day and that is it. I dont know if Im getting enough protein, etc. I can eat just about anything, unfortunately. I would really appreciate your comments and recommendations. Thanks Maureen
Tina
on 5/3/07 4:22 am - Corpus Christi, TX
The Isopure from GNC is not the best tasting but in water it will go down. You might want to take some calcium and iron. Check your personal email. Tina
Maureen F.
on 5/3/07 10:53 pm - Panama, Republic of Panama
Thank you Tina! Im headed to GNC today.
EveningStar
on 5/9/07 9:04 am - AL
I liked the Zero carb Isopure in Orange Pineapple flavor, it went down good, GNC carries the OH YEAH Bars they are worth their weight in gold. Some carry the power crunch bars, I have 2 GNC's close by one carries them, the other does not. Ive heard Designer Whey is good but Ive never tried it. I order all my protein online. If you have a Walmart nearby, try Body Fortress. I have heard it has a good flavor. Hope this is helpful~ES
susan in sugar land
on 8/18/07 11:33 pm - SUGAR LAND, TX
100 lbs. in 7 months and you feel like a failure!? You've done great. I used Isopure Dutch Chocolate for the longest time and have just discovered Muscle Milk (GNC should have that too). It comes in Light & Regular and I really enjoy the variety of flavors. I do supplement with a daily vitamin B1 and sublingual B12 M-W-F. I also take a Woman's Daily Vitamin along w/the Bs. Have you had your bloodwork done? I struggle with a thyroid that just won't behave and has caused me problems in the past; you might want to get your TSH, T3 & T4 levels checked. If your thyroid is not functioning correctly it could cause you to not lose any weight. I would recommend going to an Endrocrinologist for that as they specialize in the thyroid and diabetes. Maureen, I wish you nothing but the best of luck and just keep reading on OH & other WLS sites. There's alot of information out there.
KRWaters
on 12/30/07 8:00 am - Manteca, CA
Just some suggestions you might consider. Who did your surgery? Is that doc available for you to talk to or visit? Can you find a local doc to help you? Do you have a primary doc down there?. I think also you should be on more supplements like a B1 and a B12 at least 3 times a week, B1 one every day. A vitamin a day is good too. Do you track your protein? Are you eating enough protein and drinking 8 glasses of water a day or water ,be it in crystal light or other flavored no cal, no sugar drinks? Is there a forum where you can go particular to where you live? Check out all the forums. I feel bad that you have no one there to share ideas with. GNC is a good store to get protein at and I hear you can return it if you don't liike it after the product is opened. I also stopped losing after 8 months and that lasted for over a year and t hen I started gaining quickly. Now I am seeking a revision to a DS. I don't want you to have to go through that so I hope you find a way to keep on the straight and narrow. Maybe up your exercise. I have a very bad back and pain down legs so I am not able to exercise well, especially no walking. I wish you well. ;)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 614 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 835 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 721 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 694 views