NEED SUPPORT!!!! PLEASE

tredden1984
on 11/13/07 10:40 am - DE
I am going almost 2months post op. and FEELING .I need some type of support and dont know where to turn. My friends and Family are not happy with my decision.... I need a to be by my side through this. PLease someone point me in the right direction. I feel like i am
AA
on 11/15/07 10:37 am - New York, NY
Tiffany, have you gone to a support group near you? They can be quite helpful.
YaVon
on 11/15/07 6:55 pm - Henrico, VA
Tiffany, keep up with your health and put yourself first. You did this for "you". Not your friends and family. Put yourself first. We are all here for you but if you need to see someone nearby go to your support group. YaVon 04/04/05
Dory1961
on 4/24/08 4:49 pm - Byesville, OH
Dear Tiffany, You have to put yourself first for maybe the first time in your adult life. My family was so against my choice ( taking the easy way out) that they shunned me. I went to the hospital by myself and no one came to visit me. But I knew this HAD to be about me. I was the one dying from being supermorbidly obese. I was just someone for everyone to talk about at the family reunions. Oh what a pretty face, look at that she is going for more food.. Sooo sad.> So Girl.. I know you love your family. But love yourself more and do what you have to do to make this work for you. I started out at 350 pounds at five foot tall. I had cardiomyopathy, cardiomegally, diabetic, arthritis, high blood pressure , high cholesterol and triglycerides. I was a walking time bomb and today I am over 180 pounds lighter. I am not a size 10 and most likely never will be.. But its more about health to me than size and glamour. I want to be alive and be able to do everything a normal person can. If you need someone to talk to look me up.. I know what you are going through and you do feel alone. But just wait. When you start looking healthier and they see your committment they will start to support you. And now my family is my biggest supporters. Who would have figured. But for now we are here with you Love and hugs Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 613 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 835 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 720 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 694 views