ANYONE AROUND?

carollee
on 8/20/08 8:55 am - westminster, VT
I was wondering if anyone is around here any more. I stop by periodically and dont seem to see many posts. I am having the same old eating problems. I am considered aneroxic and was mal nourished. I have to drink 3-5 ensures per day now. My blood work was really bad until I got on the ensures....I am also on prescription A and vitamin b12 shots weekly again....My weight is around 120 which isnt a real bad weight for me as I am 5 ft 6 but they say that I actually weigh around 95-100 if you take away the excess skin that I have on my legs. I had carried most of my weight in my thighs and calves and was the last to go but it left them very horendous looking but in jeans, they are fine. ...I have seen 2 different surgeons about skin removal but they wont/cant do it as it would put me to low of a weight, they estimate that 10 lbs per leg could be removed and then I would be way underweight for my heighth so I will just live with it the way it is. My main reason for posting is to see if anyone else is still losing or if they are underweight. I had got down to 114 for a while but my doc insisted I gain so I did but she would like me to get up to 150.....Hope everyone is doing well
sel
on 8/22/08 12:21 pm - colchester, CT

Not much activity around here Carollee, I do check in most days to see if anyone posts. I can't relate to being at too low of a weight. I recently had some PS and have lost about 5 lbs from the surgery. Otherwise my weight had been stable. I now weight 150lbs which at 5'3" the charts tell me I am still overweight.

I, too carried alot of my weight in my legs and arms. I am recovering from abdominoplasty, hernia repair and breast lift and have had some healing problems. Not sure yet wether I will have my legs and arms done. I have heard that the thigh lift can be quite difficult.

At least we can cover up the excess skin with clothes.

Glad to see that you are getting some extra nutrition and calories in and prescritption vitamins. I do hope you are able to at least maintain your weight and stay healthy. It can be difficult for some people to maintain.

Take care

Sher

carollee
on 9/13/08 6:13 am - westminster, VT
Hi Sher,
Sorry it took so long to get back here. One thing after another going on....I have gained back up to 120 now and it looks like thats where Im staying.......My blood work came back normal for the first time last month....Its the ensures that saved me. My doc was so worried about the continued weight loss, she actually told me if I kept going the way I was, I wouldnt be around another year. She was THAT concerned, the blood work was so bad month after month for over 2 years but finally NORMAL now...As much as I dont want to depend on the ensures, it looks like I have to drink them for life. I just cant eat enough food to stay healthy. ............IF I could have anything at all done it would be the thighs and calves, my calves are so bad.............but as I stated before, I look damn good in Jeans. :)

NeedHelp
on 9/7/08 10:55 pm - Rockford, IL
I am not underweight, but I do have way to much skin and can not afford to have it removed.  I know my weight would be low without the doughy middle and legs I have. I have gained some weight this summer, but am hoping by getting back to work, I will lose again.(teacher)  How do  you drink the Ensures?  Don't they have lots of sugar?  KIM M
carollee
on 9/13/08 6:15 am - westminster, VT
Hi Kim
The ensures actually have literally saved my life. I was losing and losing and was at a very low weight, the lowest being 112 and I am 5 ft 6 ...As far as the sugar content, Yeah, Im sure it is high but the calories are 250 each and at least 2 meals a day they are my meal and a nighttime one before bed. I dont have a problem with sugar. but I still have a few problems with other things, meats and pastas tend to make me sick still. Hope you are well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 268 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 948 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1093 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 956 views