Why I've been missing in action!

Jeanne B.
on 9/10/08 5:33 am, edited 9/10/08 5:35 am - Warren, MI

Things have a way of happening.  Last month (August) my brother told me that his Lymphoma has reoccurred.  I went to Grand Rapids to see him through the  first session of 3 and to talk to the oncologist abeut the reoccurance.

Then my Dad (with whom this brother lives) decided that he would try to have a heart attack, so I had to go back to Grand Rapids to see him through his angioplasty and stent placement.  He's 89 so it's not unexpected.

My brother came for a consult at Karamanos last week and is a candidate for a stem cell rescue (auto bone marrow transplant).  So after we get his medicaid arrangements made he will be coming to Detroit for about 6 weeks.  So I need to get my condo in shape for visitors. 

Now all of this came in the midst of my Toastmaster Clubs Fall Contest season, and since I am a Division Governor I have to arrange for 2 contests myself and attend many others.

See what WLS does for you.  I don't know that I would be able to handle all of this at the weight I was.  I'd be exhausted, 

I guess my hernia surgery and TT, after I lose another 50 lbs is on hold for the duration.

Jeanne

283/277/183/150          Highest/Surgery Day/ Current/ Goal

sel
on 9/12/08 11:08 am - colchester, CT

Jeanne, you sure have had a lot going on. I hope your brother and father do well with their treatments.

Isn't it a blessing how much better we feel after our wls and losing so much excess baggage.

Hope things go well with you all .

Take care

Sher

Jeanne B.
on 9/12/08 11:57 am - Warren, MI
Thanks,

My Dad is doing well and my brother is just waiting for Medicaid approval.  I guess I wouldn't feel so bad, except my Dad has already nursed my mother through he long battle with Breast  Cancer and it really aged him.  Now with my brother living with him it just a real stressor.

Jeanne

283/277/183/150          Highest/Surgery Day/ Current/ Goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 270 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 948 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1094 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 957 views