Struggling

Jeniferlee
on 2/6/09 2:30 pm - DA UP OF, MI
Wonders how everyone is doing?  Is there anyone struggling with weight gain and how are you dealing with it?  If your keeping it off what are you doing?  It has almost been three years since we started this journey and think about how much support we use to give each other.  Wondering if I am the only one who misses that connection?   Maybe I am the only bored one who checks in weekly.   So where is everyone at?

Live life to the fullest!
         You only get one go around so use it well...

RJOLLY1967
on 2/7/09 2:20 am - KY
I struggle everyday with food making the wrong choices it is hard the father out you get I had weight gain & I joined Curves that helps me alot been going for 3 months now I lost inches but no weight

B J 

Kathleen G.
on 2/7/09 7:44 am - Moberly, MO
I too have had weight gain, and knee replacement just recently, so it has been rough.  I am joining the YMCA and slowing get back into exercise, because of my knee.

I also joined Barbara Thompson Back On Track online support team.  I hope this will help.

I going to start the 5 day pouch test starting tomorrow.  This is suppose to help you get your pouch back into shape, and lose the cravings for carbs.  We will see if this works.

I do miss the support that we had in the beginning, but since everyone is feeling better, their lives have more meaning to it, and some just doesnt have the time to get on here very often.

I hope everyone is doing good.

Be happy everyone!!

Kathleen

Kathleen G.

Jeanne B.
on 2/7/09 11:15 am - Warren, MI
I've been struggling a lot.  I need to start losing what I gained back, about 20 lbs.  I still haven't had my hernia surgery or the tummy tuck.  None of the plastic surgeons I contacted want to do it because they think I haven't lost enough weight.  I'll get the hernia paid for but not the tummy tuck.

I get so depressed because my abdomin is so big I can't tell what's hernia and what's me !  
Now that I've gotten my brother's bone marrow transplant out of the way I need to get back to thinking about myself.

I'd like to have the surgery at the beginning of May but  I don't know if my surgeon will do it then.  i need to have both surgeries at the same time because my disability will only allow the hernia.  The tummy tuck is considered cosmetic and the disability won't pay.

Jeanne

283/277/183/150          Highest/Surgery Day/ Current/ Goal

NeedHelp
on 2/8/09 2:59 am - Rockford, IL
Jeniferlee, Is it any warmer in DA UP lately, eh?  I hate our cold on the IL- WI boarder, so I can't image how Da UP must feel!   Anyways, Yes, I would love an accountability group.  I used to be on OBESITY HELP everyday around surgery time and afterwards for support, but lately, I have been going it alone and that just isn't cutting it.  I need everyone's support that will offer it. So, what do you think?  Do you want to communicate regularly for accountability?  KIM M
Kathleen G.
on 2/8/09 6:20 am - Moberly, MO

I am gain if everyone else is.

I need all the help I can get.

Kathleen

Kathleen G.

Jeniferlee
on 2/8/09 9:53 am - DA UP OF, MI
I am game for just about anything, as long as it doesn't mean to much work to run.  But what?  Maybe just weekly weigh in's?  If we are struggling with anything just ask.  I know there is the main board but here we are all the same time frame out and we have been there for each other.  Some of the other boards seem to get a little heated and wild, I know we are a public forum but keeping to a April 2006 would work great. 
Let me know if your up for a weekly post or does anyone else have any ideas. 

Live life to the fullest!
         You only get one go around so use it well...

Kathleen G.
on 2/14/09 8:22 am - Moberly, MO

I think the weekly weigh in is good. but we could also just post whenever we need help.  I am trying to lose 50 more pounds, and it just doesnt want to come off. I am hungry all the time so I want to graze and that I know if BAD, BAD. 

What should I do. I cant afford to join the YMCA yet, and it is still too cold to do anything outside.  I am stuck, big time.  Help!

Kathleen

Kathleen G.

Jennifer Nice
on 2/10/09 1:14 pm - Pueblo, CO
I struggle every single day. And I have days that I get very depressed, because the weight loss has stopped...

I started at 414: I am at 270 and I haven't lost a single pound since last year. It's very irritating.

I am working on changing my whole families way of eating.
MaYpRiL1982
on 2/11/09 9:45 am - Springfield, TN
Every day is a struggle! I had a huge meltdown on the treadmill yesterday and it just spiraled into crying spells alllll day long. I was doing great, got pregnant in June of 2007 and had a beautiful baby boy. I gained 55lbs!! I don't know how...well I do...carbs and no exercise. So, I'm still hanging onto 36lbs that I want to get rid of. I joined sparkpeople.com and really love it...it is a great way to keep track of your food intake and exercise. At any rate, this is the first time I've been back to this forum in a long time. Also, I'm going to see my WLS surgeron tomorrow and I am nervous!!!! I haven't seen him since I was 10 weeks pregnant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 270 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 949 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1096 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 957 views