HAPPY 3 YEARS FOR ME :)

RJOLLY1967
on 4/23/09 7:42 pm - KY
To day is a special day for me & getting my life back ! this is my 3 year Anniv I am so happy I would do it all over again in a heart beat ,I was 286 got down to 146 now I weigh 159 so I gained a little but hey look where I was ,I had no problems at all thru surgery & had a blast when the weight came falling off but now as time passes it is hard to keep the weight off,I go to curves alot now trying to get some extra weight off & just tone up !! I can eat just about anything now even sugar & I know that is bad but still to this day I can not eat rice makes me so sick ,
  so this is for any new RYN best of luck & this tool that I have & a new pouch we have to work hard as time passes but it is all worth it ,Exercise is the main key to keeping the weight off .

a special thanks to the APRIL PPL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT & LOVE GOD BLESS YOU ALL

B J 

Julia W.
on 4/26/09 5:34 am - Roseburg, OR
Congrats on 3 years out.  I was three years out on the 10th.  I am doing well after my breast reduction and lift.  I can eat a limited amout of sugar but will dump if it is over about 10 grams so I try to stay away from it.  I still use some protein drinks as well, to keep my protein up.  My starting highest weight was 321 and my lowest was 144 a few weeks after abdominalplasty a little over a year ago.  I stay about 150 to 151 but would like to lose to 140---don't know if that will happen but if not I am doing good.  
Lets hear from everyone on this board---how are you doing and can we help with anything??  Julia W.
 Julia 

stormy
on 8/3/09 7:47 am - Fall Creek, OR
it's been a while since I have been on here... oh my the changes we've all be through in the last three years.  I have to say that I've gained about 30 pounds back since my lowest weight and I'm trying to get a handle on that.  I've started the liquid protein diet today and will do that for about three to five days... I'm hoping that will kick start me. 
I've been really anemic (totally drained of energy) for the last year and have been doing everything the Dr's have said and it wasn't helping, just when I thought I was going to have to have the iron IV I started taking a plant based iron, it's called Hemi Plex, and my iron levels are coming up... almost to normal - I 'm feeling better and not so tired all the time.  Hopefully that will help me to start exercising again. 
If anyone wants to shoot me an email for encouragement that would be great!!!  [email protected]  I am so glad I had this procedure done and would do it again in a minute. 
Take Care and Great Job!
Julia W.
on 8/3/09 2:58 pm - Roseburg, OR
Hi Stormy,   We do need encouragement at this time don't we.  I too, have gained some weight--about 10 to 12 pounds, enough to make all my clothes tight and some are too tight to wear.  I have had a tummy tuck in April 2008 and a breast lift and reduction in March of this year.  I have gained my weight since March of this year. I guess I thought I had it made at 3 years out and became lax in my eating plan.  I know that I eat too many calories but am having trouble stopping it.  I may have to join you with the 5 day protein!!  I hope the iron you are taking continues to help as I would not relish the thought of IV iron injections but guess if I needed them I would take them.  I have some trouble with maintaining Vit D but that was first noted during lab work pre-op bypass surgery.  Hang in there and keep in touch.  We can get back to our lowest weight if we work at it.  Now is the time to deal with it.  Julia
 Julia 

stormy
on 8/4/09 2:24 am - Fall Creek, OR

Thanks Julia,

I made it through yesterday, I had my protien drinks and for dinner a small salad with chicken.  I am doing well so far today I just have to tell myself that I can do anything for a short period of time.  I too am having problems with my Vit D, and am taking percription for it, it's coming up slowly.   
I will drop this weight, I just have to focus.
take care, and talk to you soon.
Stormy AKA Darla

Changing Seasons
on 8/27/09 2:31 am - NH
Hello Friends.....it has been ages since I posted here.  I feel healthy and happy.  I started at 246 and lost to 151.  I've gained some back...I weigh 166 now.  Would like to get under 150 (my original goal) so I will have to get back to basics and quit eating the carbs and sweets that have crept back into my diet.  (It is so easy for those old bad habits to reassert themselves.)  Labs have been good, but iron a little low so I'm taking some extra to try to boost the numbers.

I hope all our April sisters (and brothers) are doing well.  Would love to read updates from everyone!!

Bonnie  

Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 270 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 948 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1096 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 957 views