Finally Scheduled hernia repair and TT

Jeanne B.
on 9/22/09 11:02 am - Warren, MI
Well, I have finally scheduled my Hernia repair and abdominoplasty.  I know I'm a lttle slow at this but I finally did it.
My surgery is scheduled for November 11th.  I interviewd 3 plastic surgeons and have decided on one who has the qualfications to do both the hernia repair and the abdomnoplasty.    I havn'r lost  all of the weight but I have at least kept 80 lbs off for three years.
I  do have to pay for the TT myself but the insurance will pay for the hernia repair. It's been a difficult year in my family.  My brother diagnosed with Lymphoma in 2007, under went a stem cell transplant that was successful, however, the lymphoma was too aggressive.  He lost his battle in August.
It was difficult for me as he lived with my 90 year old father, 170 miles from me.  He became infected and was in iCU most of the month of April.  I spent most of the summer going back and forth.  Luckily I had lots of CTO time and bosses who were willing to let me work weekends for days off during the week.  By the Fourth of July I knew it wouldn't be long as he had stopped eating.  He couldn't undergo the strong chemo needed because he went into kidney failure, and his marrow just wouldn't recover from the additional chemo treatments.

Now it's time for me to spoil myself....

Jeanne

283/277/183/150          Highest/Surgery Day/ Current/ Goal

Julia W.
on 10/4/09 1:24 pm - Roseburg, OR
Jeanne,  I am so sorry to hear about your brother.  Hang in there.  Congrats on scheduling surgery and the hernia repair offers a good chance to do the abdominoplasty. Good luck and let us know how it goes.  I had an abdominoplasty in April of 08 and this year, in March I had a breast lift and reduction.  Boy do my shoulders and back thank me for that!  I have put on about 10 to 12 pounds and keep working to get it back off.  I know what I have to do, but just need to be consistant.  Julia
 Julia 

Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 264 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 940 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1089 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 953 views